Fucking done with the right lane

biometrics

Nobody is ever entirely innocent.

Accountability comes from all sides and all parties involved.

Also, the same statement applies to everyone who owns a car. More so because there are way more of them I bet everyone knows of far more people killed or maimed by cars than motorcycles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I drove bikes for many many years incl a 500cc. I won't again. Just too risky imo.

SauRoN

I drove bikes for many many years incl a 500cc. I won't again. Just too risky imo.

Going outside is risky.

Sometimes staying inside is risky.

Life is life.

biometrics

Going outside is risky.

Sometimes staying inside is risky.

Life is life.

I prefer avoiding some activities like sky diving, spear fishing and riding a motor bike.

SauRoN

I prefer avoiding some activities like sky diving, spear fishing and riding a motor bike.

Sky diving is fucking boring to be quite honest so that I fully understand.

Düber

Motorcycles solve all these problems.

My Aunt is a occupational therapist (now retired) and she specialized in head injuries, the vast majority of her patients were motor cycle riders.

Seeing once able people reduced to hardly being able to look after themselves, and they were the lucky ones, cured me of any desire to ride a bike.
But each to their own.

SauRoN

My Aunt is a occupational therapist (now retired) and she specialized in head injuries, the vast majority of her patients were motor cycle riders.

Seeing once able people reduced to hardly being able to look after themselves, and they were the lucky ones, cured me of any desire to ride a bike.
But each to their own.

And yet I don’t know a single such statistic.

Ironically my sister is an occupational therapist who also rides bikes.

Düber

And yet I don’t know a single such statistic.

Ironically my sister is an occupational therapist who also rides bikes.

I don't know statistically what the numbers would look like, might be interesting.
As a youngster we would ride through the farms and plantations around us and I loved the free and open feeling but as I said, no desire to ride on the road.

But I am a live and let live kind of person and can well understand the appeal.

SauRoN

I don't know statistically what the numbers would look like, might be interesting.
As a youngster we would ride through the farms and plantations around us and I loved the free and open feeling but as I said, no desire to ride on the road.

But I am a live and let live kind of person and can well understand the appeal.

Statistically the vast majority of (serious) motorcycle accidents involve alcohol and riders taking themselves out with no third party intervention.

The rest or rather on top of the alcohol involve speed and then lastly when those aren’t the contributing factor it’s the “I didn’t see you” which I firmly believe is a responsibility of the rider to make themselves seen through the way they ride…not through reflective clothing.

Don’t get me wrong, reflective clothing is a nice bonus but pointless if you aren’t in a position to be seen in the first place.

Or you were going stupidly fast and the other party’s perspective was such that it was safe to perform whatever action they were doing thinking you were much slower.

I’m not a proponent of making everything the car’s fault when motorcycle accidents happen.

Yes cars can start the “potential” accident but it’s the actions of the motorcyclist that ultimately make it a reality or not.

The moment I hear someone mouthing off about “cagers” trying to kill time I can easily write them off as a piss poor rider with zero self awareness or accountability for their own actions.

Much like guns, bikes don’t just crash themselves.

I’ve done this for almost 20 years now and I reckon around 250,000km and I have all my original parts and faculties.

And yes in my youth I did very stupid shit that could have ended badly very quickly and I had a few accidents along the way but I was lucky enough to learn from them and be better.

I haven’t had even a near miss in 10 years and 100,000km+.

Dave

Nobody is ever entirely innocent.

Accountability comes from all sides and all parties involved.

Also, the same statement applies to everyone who owns a car. More so because there are way more of them I bet everyone knows of far more people killed or maimed by cars than motorcycles.

Someone pulls out in front of your car at usual urban road speeds it's usually a fender bender you walk away from. Someone pulls out in front of your bike it's often a hospital visit at least.

You speak as a biker who believes in your own invincibility, I speak as an ex-police collision investigator.

You know what we used to call bikers? Fast moving organ donors...

SauRoN

Someone pulls out in front of your car at usual urban road speeds it's usually a fender bender you walk away from. Someone pulls out in front of your bike it's often a hospital visit at least.

You speak as a biker who believes in your own invincibility, I speak as an ex-police collision investigator.

You know what we used to call bikers? Fast moving organ donors...

That’s the mistake you make, I don’t believe we are invisible at all, simply accountable.

Also you’ll need to draw me a picture because I don’t know what “pulls out in front of you” means exactly without deeper context…but there’s a good chance that either which way you are accountable for what happens for having gone too fast in the first place or riding in the wrong place where you couldn’t be seen clearly.

If you were doing your part it should be quite easy to avoid or simply stop and no accident happens and no hospital visit.

Motorcycles are surely more vulnerable, but they aren’t the organ donor you and everyone else assumes them to be.

Dave

Also you’ll need to draw me a picture because I don’t know what “pulls out in front of you” means exactly without deeper context…

That's half your problem, I think. If you don't understand the basics it's no wonder you feel invincible (and not invisible as you say).

You only had to google the term for examples

Motorcycles are surely more vulnerable, but they aren’t the organ donor you and everyone else assumes them to be.

Oh, they are. Your belief in your invincibility doesn't change that unfortunately.

SauRoN

That's half your problem, I think. If you don't understand the basics it's no wonder you feel invincible (and not invisible as you say).

You only had to google the term for examples

Only have bandwidth to watch the first one but it’s almost entirely his fault it became an accident.

Firstly going way too fast for the conditions. Speedo conveniently obscured, but it’s pretty clear to see.

Secondly in completely the wrong place in the road, riding left of the middle instead of right of the middle to make himself visible.

Doesn’t do anything whatsoever to anticipate the car doing what the car will be doing, no defensive action of any kind taken, he does believe himself to be invincible.

Then the clearly predictable event happens and he hasn’t planned for it in any way shape or form. Hasn’t slowed down, hasn’t moved wide in the lane to avoid it.

Then realises way too late something has gone wrong and then CRASHES HIMSELF long before hitting anything, indicating a clear failure to ride properly.

The driver in fact has nothing to do with him crashing. It could have been a cow, a deer a cyclist anything really to urge his extreme and bad response.

The “urging drivers to be more careful” is exactly the bullshit I’m referring to. It’s all magically the cars fault. What the message should say is that motorcycles should educate themselves to be better riders and stop blaming cars for everything that happens to them.

I’ve seen all these kinds of videos before, they are great exercises towards being a better rider.

SauRoN

Again, zero awareness and defensive riding involved.

Going way too fast. All other traffic is slowing down and this muppet speeds up and races past them.

But even at the speed could have stopped dead before hitting anything if he was even remotely paying attention.

Failing that would have been aware of the massive gap on the ride he could have used easily to avoid the entire ordeal without even touching the brakes.

Yes, truly someone who thinks they are invincible.

SauRoN

Less data available on this one considering the angle and not being rider perspective but again seems utterly avoidable if they simply paid half an ounce of attention.

No attempt to move or brake of any kind from the looks of it and simply smashed straight into the thing which should have somehow magically disappeared or teleported through it or something because zero shits were given for self preservation.

In fact it almost looks like the car didn’t even really cross into the road, the rider seems to have forgotten he also had a sidecar to worry about and blissfully smashed that into the car who actually might be the victim here.

Dave

Excuse

Excuse

Excuse

Fact: motorcycles are inherently dangerous, made more so by other road users they may come into contact with.

Whatever excuses you want to make, that doesn't change the fact.

SauRoN

Excuse

Excuse

Excuse

Fact: motorcycles are inherently dangerous, made more so by other road users they may come into contact with.

Whatever excuses you want to make, that doesn't change the fact.

Never said they weren’t.