Fuck you! No, fuck you!!!

EADC

Did I adopt a position of ignorance and thereby demonstrate that you couldn't possibly know the thing you claimed? Sure did.

Did you try to deflect back onto me when your own ignorance was revealed? Sure did.

See here is your mistake I made no claim. You essentially played yourself by trying to be very clever yet you just show over and over how you still cannot answer the simple question to prove YOUR claim.

TwoPunnyFourWords

See here is your mistake I made no claim. You essentially played yourself by trying to be very clever yet you just show over and over how you still cannot answer the simple question to prove YOUR claim.
This is why I am glad I left mybb too many fucking assholes will use tragedies in the world to own the left they have zero fucking empathy.
I was talking about this claim. Do you now deny making it?

TwoPunnyFourWords

Now you shifting to another claim that was not the topic of discussion, classic.

Keep playing yourself.
It was always the topic of discussion.

Look:

This is why I am glad I left mybb too many fucking assholes will use tragedies in the world to own the left they have zero fucking empathy.

What's worse, not having empathy, or cynically deploying empathy such that it causes people to lose faith in it?

If your empathy is based on what others say or do, you have no empathy.

Ok, but that doesn't answer my question.

Let's try this again.

What's worse: not having empathy, or destroying someone else's empathy?

How exactly do you destroy someone's empathy?

By making it conditional.

And btw, I don't believe I've ever seen you display empathy for the right, so it looks like you don't have empathy, according to your own argument. :)

What would that even look like? how would you know I do not have empathy for people of a certain political leaning?

So, insofar as I do not have empathy, there is no reason to think that I should be familiar with that which is strange to me. So I should not know what it looks like to show empathy. But insofar as you claim to know whether people do or do not have empathy, surely you must have a method of detecting this empathy in their actions, which is to say that you must have SOME means of knowing what it means to show empathy.

So I freely admit, I cannot say what it would look like to display empathy, given my ignorance due to my own lack of empathy, therefore I cannot prove my claim. But if you cannot provide information as to this situation and tell us what it would look like to show empathy, then it reasonably follows that you must also be ignorant as to what it would look like to show empathy, which means that we have no reason to believe that you can indeed know whether or not someone does have empathy.

Socratic irony is when you pretend to be ignorant to expose the ignorance or inconsistency of someone else.

EADC

It was always the topic of discussion.

Look:

So, insofar as I do not have empathy, there is no reason to think that I should be familiar with that which is strange to me. So I should not know what it looks like to show empathy. But insofar as you claim to know whether people do or do not have empathy, surely you must have a method of detecting this empathy in their actions, which is to say that you must have SOME means of knowing what it means to show empathy.

So I freely admit, I cannot say what it would look like to display empathy to someone from a political leaning, given my ignorance due to my own lack of empathy, therefore I cannot prove my claim. But if you cannot provide information as to this situation and tell us what it would look like to show empathy, then it reasonably follows that you must also be ignorant as to what it would look like to show empathy, which means that we have no reason to believe that you can indeed know whether or not someone does have empathy.

Highlighted part is important as that was my question.

You see you have gone steps ahead and only now you have admitted that you cannot prove your claim, but you have also added things I have not claimed about you. But you are now trying to assert things about me which cannot be asserted because you are trying to be witty and clever.

So if you cannot prove what it looks like we can say that your claim is absurd. so no need to progress.

TwoPunnyFourWords

Highlighted part is important as that was my question.

You see you have gone steps ahead and only now you have admitted that you cannot prove your claim, but you have also added things I have not claimed about you. But you are now trying to assert things about me which cannot be asserted because you are trying to be witty and clever.

So if you cannot prove what it looks like we can say that your claim is absurd. so no need to progress.
Well, if you were just randomly saying that, and not adding a comment after my previous flaming of cerebus for his digusting lack of concern regarding the interests of living human beings, then just say so and I'll apologise for the misunderstanding. Otherwise you are simply being duplicitous.

And the apparent absurdity of my claim in no way detracts from the problem of needing a mechanism for determining what it means to show empathy.

EADC

Well, if you were just randomly saying that, and not adding a comment after my previous flaming of cerebus for his digusting lack of concern regarding the interests of living human beings, then just say so and I'll apologise for the misunderstanding. Otherwise you are simply being duplicitous.

And the apparent absurdity of my claim in no way detracts from the problem of needing a mechanism for determining what it means to show empathy.

That's your ego getting in the way just because I made a post does not mean it was about or aimed at you.

That is you problem you need to learn the difference between sympathy and empathy.

TwoPunnyFourWords

That's your ego getting in the way just because I made a post does not mean it was about or aimed at you.
Uhuh. What is the "This" in:
if not the immediately preceding post?

There does not seem to be a plausible alternative interpretation on offer. Please clarify.

That is you problem you need to learn the difference between sympathy and empathy.
Let me guess, you know, but you won't tell me?

EADC

Uhuh. What is the "This" in:

if not the immediately preceding post?

There does not seem to be a plausible alternative interpretation on offer. Please clarify.

Let me guess, you know, but you won't tell me?

I was looking at the thread from mybb you quoted that is why I said this not specifically with regards to what you had posted. Fair enough that could look like I was referring to your post. It just reminded me of it.

TwoPunnyFourWords

I was looking at the thread from mybb you quoted that is why I said this not specifically with regards to what you had posted. Fair enough that could look like I was referring to your post. It just reminded me of it.
Fair enough, I apologise for taking it personally, though this is the 'fuck you' thread, so...

I think partisans on both sides were playing dirty in order to own the other side. But that's also okay since they advertise what siffies they are where everyone can see them.

TwoPunnyFourWords

Oh @Dave , Davey Boy!

I just wanted to remind you of this fantastic face plant... You know, where you basically derided someone presenting accurate information as a kook, and then went on to cite a "refutation" of his (Bridle's) views, only what you cited didn't even bother to address the claim that was in fact being repeated, and even though it was backed by a peer-reviewed study, you then went on to accuse everyone else of suffering from the Dunning-Kruger effect because they wouldn't accept your source at face value, even though you had absolutely NO idea what was in fact being discussed from any sort of technical standpoint. :ROFLMAO:

In terms of pigeon chess, you are the undeniable champ.