Free sport streaming

biometrics

I don't have DSTV and don't want to go to the brewery tomorrow as they are going to be packed.

Where can I watch the game tomorrow online?

Düber

Fanie posted a link of reddit that used to have streaming links. No idea where to get it now.
Not this perhaps?
sport surge dot net, it works well sometimes other times not so well.
Reddit clamped down on the streaming if I am not wrong and that link was posted as an alternative

Easiest and best is to have a friend with a Dstv login, or watch later from youtube or off the high seas.

biometrics

Not this perhaps?
Reddit clamped down on the streaming if I am not wrong and that link was posted as an alternative

Easiest and best is to have a friend with a Dstv login, or watch later from youtube or off the high seas.
@satanboy, @Spizz wanna share your login? ;)

biometrics

Not this perhaps?

Doesn’t seem to have rugby.

I’ve found rugbystreams.me but you need an ad blocker.

biometrics

Did you at least manage to watch the rugby?
Yes, @Spizz lent me his login (well his SO's) but the pirate streams turned out to be HD and very reliable too. Jeez, things have changed from a few years ago. DSTV streaming used to be terrible but now it is excellent though their idea of HD is not 1080p imo.

Blantyre

It's quite easy to get international sport but I've been unable to find any site that streams South African football. Are there any besides DSTV?

The only reason I use DSTV is for local soccer and sometimes cricket. It seems like that will hold them for a while because nobody else really broadcasts it.

Last edited:

Blantyre

BTW, there is an app called LiveTV.net for Android which is decent. It has few ads and access to a lot of international sports channels. You can run it on PC via an Android Emulator like Bluestacks.

Blantyre

This thread is relevant again given that DSTV recently announced that you will only be able to stream on one device from next month. For most of us, we now can't use family/friends subscriptions anymore without interrupting their brodcast.

The free streams and even IPTV are all full of buffering and mostly unusable.

I've taken the Showmax Android subscription for R225 per month. I only really watch soccer so it was usable but I'd appreciate if anyone has any suggestions or is open to sharing a Showmax Pro account.

satanboy

1. I haven't had any buffering on DStv in the past few years.
  2. Illegal users (sharing with friends etc) have now caused this problem for legal users.

Johnatan56

1. I haven't had any buffering on DStv in the past few years.
  2. Illegal users (sharing with friends etc) have now caused this problem for legal users.
Disagree with 2, Dstv pricing and board has caused that issue. You'll always have people pirate it, but most will get a paid subs if price is good/fine. Dstv is extremely expensive for what it is.

satanboy

Disagree with 2, Dstv pricing and board has caused that issue. You'll always have people pirate it, but most will get a paid subs if price is good/fine. Dstv is extremely expensive for what it is.
I think they are going to lose even more subscribers with this move.

Johnatan56

I think they are going to lose even more subscribers with this move.
Exactly, same if Netflix properly started enforcing their IP blocking, I watch Netflix once in like 3 months, yet I have it so family in South Africa who all live in the same household can watch, if they stop me from watching, I am cancelling and household will downgrade the package so they'll end up getting less money.

You can't take features away from a customer unless you replace it with a better alternative, arguing piracy will just lead to a lower customer count, since at that price range many only got it since price makes sense only if shared/split cost.

Blantyre

I had to take a Showmax account for local football. I tried the Android package for R200 odd but it was not working out so I took out the Showmax Pro for just under R500. I only really use it a couple of times per week for PSL.

I could not find a cheaper package. I tried a few trials of IPTV but none were without buffering and the free streams have too much buffering.

If anyone wants to share Showmax or has alternatives in mind I could consider, I'd appreciate the insight.

Also, worth mentioning is Showmax's live support seems horrendous. I need them to refund me as they billed me twice in a month (within the 14 day free tral period) after I upgraded accounts and it seems to take like an hour for someone to come online. I missed them twice.

EADC

DSTV is cheap for what it is. I watch alot of sport and the way i have been nailed to watch a fraction of what DSTV offers has been an eye opener