Forum Suggestions

biometrics

I noticed at another forum that you can't send images per pm only image links. I see the default for Xenforo is to allow it.

I'm wondering if this is something I should turn off. It could be used for problematic reasons that may leave me liable.

Thoughts?

Seldom Bucket

I noticed at another forum that you can't send images per pm only image links. I see the default for Xenforo is to allow it.

I'm wondering if this is something I should turn off. It could be used for problematic reasons that may leave me liable.

Thoughts?
Just links work, on the public it's for all to see and downloads automatically, it is good to have an option in PM's

Dave

Thoughts?

I don't think you would be liable for private messages sent, also you can still send images at "another forum" via PM by just uploading and linking from an image upload site.

biometrics

Btw, does it look weird not having any advertising at all. There is a Google Adsense sidebar ad at the end of articles on the Wordpress side, but none here. It almost makes the place look naked and bland.

Shall I add one ad to make it look "normal"?

Dave

Btw, does it look weird not having any advertising at all. There is a Google Adsense sidebar ad at the end of articles on the Wordpress side, but none here. It almost makes the place look naked and bland.

Shall I add one ad to make it look "normal"?

I don't see ads on the iPad (not even at MyBB) so I don't care. If it makes you some income eventually why not?

biometrics

I don't see ads on the iPad (not even at MyBB) so I don't care. If it makes you some income eventually why not?
No, the ads will bring in near zero. Site just looks a bit, erm, empty?

biometrics

What is ads?

If you like to add, I would add the site to the white list
It's not really about having paid ads. It's just that my web view just seems unnaturally bland. Maybe it's just that I'm not used to seeing an ad free site and my mind can't relate. See below:

1585690223603.png

Maybe I should add a banner for the SPCA or similar. That will satisfy the eye.

LD50

It's not really about having paid ads. It's just that my web view just seems unnaturally bland. Maybe it's just that I'm not used to seeing an ad free site and my mind can't relate. See below:
Maybe I should add a banner for the SPCA or similar. That will satisfy the eye.
I think you need to expand in General Discussions. "Any Topic" will become a King Kong out of control. That will also change the visual appearance

biometrics

I think you need to expand in General Discussions. "Any Topic" will become a King Kong out of control. That will also change the visual appearance
Well, not all that much happening yet, but feel free to suggest a new sub forum.

biometrics

The more I watch the news the more I think I'm in a dream. God this is such a strange moment in time.

LD50

Well, not all that much happening yet, but feel free to suggest a new sub forum.
Looking at existing threads I can think of a few - That way the growing number of thread can be sorted

Off Topic (But call it something like "Anything Else"
Food Hub
Finance
Sport ( not many sport fans here atm though)
Health
Science
Film/Series/Documentaries

Again, you don't HAVE to use these of course

biometrics

Looking at existing threads I can think of a few - That way the growing number of thread can be sorted

Off Topic (But call it something like "Anything Else"
Food Hub
Finance
Sport ( not many sport fans here atm though)
Health
Science
Film/Series/Documentaries

Again, you don't HAVE to use these of course
Thanks, a bit early I think, but noted and will do.

LD50

If you move the Logo to the left it will have a nice open space on the right for a banner - just a thought
Why must things always be in the middle? :p