Forum Suggestions

Paul Hjul

the default email notification settings are a little daft and I am battling to get to a "don't fucking email me" situation in my preferences

• Haha
Reactions: Y2K

biometrics

the default email notification settings are a little daft and I am battling to get to a "don't fucking email me" situation in my preferences
It's a default Xenforo installation, I'm happy to tweak settings. What is bothering you? I know had the annoying thing of being subscribed to threads automatically, but turned that off.

Paul Hjul

you sound a little tense 😬
confused more than tense, changed my prefs earlier to switch off email but keep alerts and getting emails

its not a crisis but I suspect something in Xenforo is being daft

1586810617581.png

biometrics

confused more than tense, changed my prefs earlier to switch off email but keep alerts and getting emails

its not a crisis but I suspect something in Xenforo is being daft

View attachment 681
You are likely "watching" some threads. Check the notification. Then open the thread and check at the top right for Unwatch.

1586811068839.png

I must check but it may be a default to "watch" threads you start or reply to.

Paul Hjul

looks like watched threads are emailed off regardless of other preferences - want the thread to give me an alert in the forum but not an email

biometrics

looks like watched threads are emailed off regardless of other preferences - want the thread to give me an alert in the forum but not an email
I'll happily file a bug report if you can show me the issue to demonstrate to the developers.

Paul Hjul

I'll keep an eye - have this thread unwatched and the covid thread still watched

murpheys law is that its working now
also possible that I cocked up preferences earlier but last email I got was at 22h38

biometrics

I'll keep an eye - have this thread unwatched and the covid thread still watched

murpheys law is that its working now
also possible that I cocked up preferences earlier but last email I got was at 22h38
My email provider is a bit crap, so there may be delays. Need to move to a new domain & email host. I've used Pair.com since the 90's but they don't sell .co.za domains. Mmm...

Tribs

I just created a rule that deletes them
But now I have gone and unticked the email options

biometrics

I’ve disabled the auto watch option when you create or post to a thread for new users. Existing users can disable it in their settings.