Forum Suggestions

biometrics

I have changed the user permissions so that new users can not start conversations (private messages) until they have posted. This should stop the pm spam we've been having lately.

Please let me know if you experience any issues.

biometrics

I need to work it out but I think we're doing well with donations. We added the Media Gallery a few months ago which I think was a great addition. If you haven't tried it yet, check the Media link in the menu above.

I was thinking of more upgrades. Any ideas?

scudsucker

I don't know the software enough to make recommendations, but the forum as it is seems OK.

Maybe spend money when there is a bigger consensus on feature requests than just asking in this thread.

biometrics

I don't know the software enough to make recommendations, but the forum as it is seems OK.

Maybe spend money when there is a bigger consensus on feature requests than just asking in this thread.
It's Xenforo:

More post emoticons have been suggested, I'd agree it's a bit limited atm.

1629312095135.png

scudsucker

It's Xenforo:

More post emoticons have been suggested, I'd agree it's a bit limited atm.

View attachment 28096
XENforo is PHP, right? Not my favourite language but I am sure I could write plugins for it, if it accepts 3rd party.

Edit: it does.

I'll look at adding emoticons; looks like it should be fairly simple to edit the source code, definitely a bit harder to produce a custom plugin. Not a bad place to start learning it though.

Last edited: