Forum Rules

biometrics

After some unpleasant arguments earlier this week, I have given it some thought.

I do not want to follow other forums where they lock threads, delete posts, issue infractions or ban members. That said, when a thread degenerates into a slanging match it's not fair to other members that may find it valuable.

I propose that in a case where the thread goes completely off topic and the participants are throwing insults, that I post a request to cool it. When they don't I'll move the posts after my requests to this thread:

So there is no censorship and free speech is protected. But it's moved to another thread.

I think that is fair.

Thoughts?

Textile Guy

I think the intent is good to allow free expression, and for the members to self regulate. I certainly support your view.

I also think is great to move the thread to a place where, hopefully, the members who have more common sense, and are less egocentric and a better sense of self confidence can steer clear of this FU thread.

As I said on another forum earlier on .................... I often get may ass handed to me on a plate by pompous members because my opinion didnt look as glorious as the maids privates ..... butcha know what, I give a rats ass.
The folks I enjoy are the rats ass types ..... :)

Tribs

I like the idea. See too many places where people cannot argue using intellect and it degenerates into insults. I will happily avoid that thread.