Fingerprint biometric padlock

biometrics

Have you got one? Recommendations?

DA-LION-619

Have you got one? Recommendations?
Working with different brands and tech, IDEMIA/Mopho etc.
I have to ask why for a padlock? I don’t think LockPickingLawyer has ever found a good biometric padlock.

Johnatan56

I have to ask why for a padlock? I don’t think LockPickingLawyer has ever found a good biometric padlock.
Just to note: it's pretty much never the smart part of the lock that is bad, it's near always something else wrong with the lock (e.g. pry open the plastic housing that has a switch in it to open the lock).

That Vizia lock looks a lot like the Pavlit one:

biometrics

Working with different brands and tech, IDEMIA/Mopho etc.
Moving house and putting my electronics in storage, roller shutter door has two lock points and I only have one suitable padlock atm. Thought a different tech for the second was a good idea.

Düber

Since I started watching LPL I really battle to buy padlocks
Same, or any kind of lock really.

Watching him and some other locksmith chaps has let me repair some locks and make keys that work for others.

Düber

Moving house and putting my electronics in storage, roller shutter door has two lock points and I only have one suitable padlock atm. Thought a different tech for the second was a good idea.
The locks that last and seem to keep the guys out around here are the round disc locks.

Those open shackle types just take a hammer blow, two spanners or a crowbar to open in seconds. Only trouble is that the round ones don't always fit.

DA-LION-619

As a gadget I’d buy the lock to play the part for a bit as it is cool, to function as an actual lock the tech is the same.
security.png