Eskom Power Alerts

biometrics

Times added
Oh well going to install a system in Melkbos. No more load shedding. Free household and electric vehicle electricity. No more petrol. Will pay for itself in 5 years.

Now if Hyundai would launch the Ionic 5 here I'd buy it in a flash. Seems my choices currently is the BMW i3 and Mini electric. Neither really has utility like the Ionic though.

Will get an electric scooter for Melkbos so long.

satanboy

I will never buy a Hyundai (after the stories I heard from colleagues that owned them from new).

Sinbad

If Toyota would hurry up with an EV Land Cruiser or FJ then that would be my first choice but seems they are years behind.
I've got my eye on a cupra born, if my employer comes to the party on the tax benefit side

Rudolph Hart

Stage 4 and stage 6 are identical for us according to Eskom’s website. Even so I’m going to get a couple of jerry cans of petrol and fill the car too in case there are problems. Topping up my reserve water tank at the moment too.

Not that I’m paranoid or anything…

biometrics

I'm going solar electric and solar geyser in September after moving. Fuck this shit.

biometrics

Fuck. Caught by an unexpected 4 hour load shed. My first, so unexpected.

Rudolph Hart

Fuck. Caught by an unexpected 4 hour load shed. My first, so unexpected.
Yeah, I didn’t look closely enough. The stage 6 is four hours a go, not two.

I think I’m going to start using the fireplace to keep warm, it’s cheaper than burning a gas heater.

biometrics

Yeah, I didn’t look closely enough. The stage 6 is four hours a go, not two.

I think I’m going to start using the fireplace to keep warm, it’s cheaper than burning a gas heater.
Gas is cheaper than wood down here.