Eskom Power Alerts

biometrics

NOTICE: ESKOM LOAD SHEDDING FOR THE ONRUS, VERMONT, HAWSTON, FISHERHAVEN AREA 15.01.2021

It has been brought to our attention that Eskom's load shedding schedule for VERMONT is incorrect on their website as well as the various apps.
It has been reported. In the meantime residents are requested to use the FISHERHAVEN schedule for above mentioned areas.

Eskom also added a Sunday time to this area's weekend load shedding (Sunday: 02:00 - 04:30)

The Stage 2 load shedding schedule for the Hawston, Fisherhaven, Vermont & Onrus area is as follows (15 - 17 January 2021):
FRIDAY: 12:00 - 14:30 20:00 - 22:30
SATURDAY: 20:00 - 22:30
SUNDAY: 02:00 - 04:30

Please take note that CHANTECLAIR electricity will be switched off with the Gansbaai, Hermanus, Sandbaai area and not with the Onrus area.

- Issued by Overstrand Municipality
Fisherhaven also gone from the Eskom loadshedding site. So hermanuslive.co.za loadshedding page can only retrieve half of Her*anus. Great. Annoys me not having the website working 100%, and I don't even live your side.

Spizz

FFS. And Eskom are still showing the wrong times for me. Fuck knows when my power is meant to go off now.

Düber

19GW out and no load shedding means they are probably still asking for 2GW from industry.
The chicken farm close to us still has it's monster generator running even though the power is on, so I suspect you are right.

Spizz

19GW out and no load shedding means they are probably still asking for 2GW from industry.

If all goes to plan the government and Eskom hope to add 3.5GW to the grid by the end of next year.

The 2GW emergency power programme run by the government IMO will be successful. The 1.5GW battery storage run by Eskom will, IMO, not.

Regardless, looking at the capacity we have, the amount broken, and the planned increases, it just highlights how fucked we are as a country.

Spizz

biometrics

I fucking knew it. I've got such a hectic schedule the next few weeks with a whole bunch of 4 or 5 hour online meetings that I actually just rented a private office in town with back up power and 200mb/s fibre. Paid the first pro rata till the end of Feb yesterday. Will start there from Monday.
What type of offices? Furnished offices? Is there a shared secretary? Where is it and how much? I think some days it might be a good idea to have an outside office, aren't always as productive here as one can be, and you also get out of the house too. (pm if private info)

Spizz

What type of offices? Furnished offices? Is there a shared secretary? Where is it and how much? I think some days it might be a good idea to have an outside office, aren't always as productive here as one can be, and you also get out of the house too. (pm if private info)

There are a couple of shared space working places in town but they are hot desk type places where you can pay by the visit, month or any 10 days in a month type of thing. Private offices are available but they are harder to get as they want 3 months minimum commitment so it's good timing to get one or get on a waiting list.

So, the first place is at the old Standard Bank called Co-unity and they have an office coming free apparently on the 15th. It's R4500 a month for the private office and it includes a desk, chair and coffee etc as well as the back up generator and fibre. The place I'm going to is a new place called Hustle House that is opening just now and who also have a place in Woodstock where you can swap between and use at no extra cost depending on your contract. Also R4500 a month but they only have one private office, the rest is all shared areas and a hot desk type scenario.

biometrics

There are a couple of shared space working places in town but they are hot desk type places where you can pay by the visit, month or any 10 days in a month type of thing. Private offices are available but they are harder to get as they want 3 months minimum commitment so it's good timing to get one or get on a waiting list.

So, the first place is at the old Standard Bank called Co-unity and they have an office coming free apparently on the 15th. It's R4500 a month for the private office and it includes a desk, chair and coffee etc as well as the back up generator and fibre. The place I'm going to is a new place called Hustle House that is opening just now and who also have a place in Woodstock where you can swap between and use at no extra cost depending on your contract. Also R4500 a month but they only have one private office, the rest is all shared areas and a hot desk type scenario.

Hustle sounds interesting with the Woodstock location. My partner is in Obs so this may be an interesting option being able to swap...

Are you sure about the backup power as it says this on the website:

· No Load Shedding-Backup Power

Spizz

Hustle sounds interesting with the Woodstock location. My partner is in Obs so this may be an interesting option being able to swap...

Are you sure about the backup power as it says this on the website:

· No Load Shedding-Backup Power

I asked if they had a generator for loadshedding and he said they have lithium-ion battery system. I never went into the specifics.

I think it's just badly worded. Makes sense if it's on two lines.

Spizz

Actually thinking about it I asked him if the power went would we be cut off for a minute or two or would it be continuous, he said continuous.

satanboy

We were supposed to have loadshedding from 8:00am to 10:30am.
The power is still on.