Embarassing moments you had?

Blantyre

Just something for a bit of laughs. I've had my fair share.

1. Eat seafood with shells (happened in 2019 actually). I don't usually eat seafood so actually didn't know. It was at a conference and people did enquire about why I was doing that, lol.

2. Got caught copying in an exam test (happened when I was in Grade 7 so there were no real consequences apart from just getting marks deducted). I never tried it again afterwards fortunately when the consequences would have been far greater. The moment where the whole class stares is embarassing though.

scudsucker

I went to a work function at a fairly fancy Camps Bay fish restaurant with a kind of buffet of raw fish we could select and have cooked for us. I chose a couple of different fish - the company was paying, after all - and one of those choices was butterfish.

It was delicious, if a little oily.

The next day I was in a queue at the traffic dept to book a learner's licence. Long queue, long wait.

Then, when I got near the front, after waiting probably two hours....

... I sharted fish oil all over my pants. Butterfish is apparently known for this.

Anyway, I was embarrassed but shamelessly remained in the queue despite obvious dampness and stong fish odour until I got my booking.

Last edited:

biometrics

In the mid 90's I flew to Joburg for the weekend. On the Sunday evening we had a snoek braai. I only had the one set of pants as it was just two days. Well I didn't think about the fish smoke obviously... When I got dressed the next morning to catch the flight back I realised my pants were reeking of a fish smoke smell. Didn't have much choice but to take the flight, out of desperation I wrapped a blanket around my legs when seated but the stench was unmistakable...

satanboy

I used to travel from Table View to the CBD each day via the R27. Every morning it was a struggle to get into the lane to the N1. Three lanes into two and only one turned onto the N1.

This particular morning I was struggling as per usual as nobody would allow me in, so I proceeded ahead and at last, someone let me in. I was clearly still in a very agitated state as instead of thanking this person I flipped them the bird.

How do you apologise to the vehicle behind while driving? :poop:

This happened >20 years ago and I still remember it clearly.

Blantyre

Around 2015.

Raised my arms out to hug a girl and she didn't reciprocate. She may have not seen me or may have not expected it so it was probably a misunderstanding. I recall hugging her later so it was def that. Still it was embarassing to be left hanging especially when people may have noticed.

I was on a youth conference in India and one of the other participants asked me to take a Pic of her. I thought she actually wanted me to take a Pic with her and sk put my arm on her as I do in a friendly way when I take pics with friends and family. Luckily she didn't act freaked out or call me out as a creep.

In a bar scene in Egypt. Tripped and ended up dropping around 3-4 drinks. I ended up play fighting when asked to compensate the drinks I dropped (I didn't mind at all but the guy thought I was being serious). I did repay the drinks and it cost me around R650 if memory serves me correct. It was a touristy place where prices were high but I suspect the guys ripped me off, lol.

dabean

We used to visit my aunt in Durban over the Christmas holidays. My gran (in her 80s) stayed with them.

I was 12 or 13 at the time and there was a Cosmopolitan magazine in the toilet which set me off.

Either the door didn't lock or I didn't think anyone would open a closed toilet door.

My gran walked in on me. She screamed, I screamed. She closed the door.

Of course she told everyone so I was mocked for the rest of the holiday.

Blantyre

We used to visit my aunt in Durban over the Christmas holidays. My gran (in her 80s) stayed with them.

I was 12 or 13 at the time and there was a Cosmopolitan magazine in the toilet which set me off.

Either the door didn't lock or I didn't think anyone would open a closed toilet door.

My gran walked in on me. She screamed, I screamed. She closed the door.

Of course she told everyone so I was mocked for the rest of the holiday.

Happened to me several times as well. Fortunately they didn't tell as far as I know.

Blantyre

Oh, plus had people take off with me and lose it with me many times. Not diagnosed but I've suspected I may have ADHD. I was also decent in high school at most subjects but struggled at the ones that required you to pay attention like Maths and Physics.

I remember two of my ex University professors getting annoyed and blasting me for a non productive meeting in early 2016. I got on decently with them afterwards though. They were also saying I was rushing through a project I was working with them with. I was 20 then and a bit immature so hopefully they forgot.

scudsucker

I'm a bit nervous that all my posts will be poo related, but:

So I've had an upset stomach for a few days. My wife is out so I have to take the dogs for a walk. I take two immodium pills and head to the forest with the dogs and my then 1yr old daughter.

Decide to do a gentle walk on the lower paths, but when I get to the Kirstenbosch end, I can feel my tummy rumbling. Ok. Time to turn back. It soon turns to cramps... so I start looking for a site off path to poo.

But it is a beautiful day here and there are lots of people; and I'm not in an area where there is much privacy. Plus I have a baby in a backpack.

So I hold it in. This seems ok, it's uncomfortable but I'm winning so I bypass the public toilet and head to my car. By the time I've got to the car I realise what a big mistake that was. It's coming now.

Quickly I load the dogs and baby into the car, thanking god I brought an extra nappy. Originally my plan was to tuck it in my pants as insurance while I drove home, but no. That opportunity had passed.

I leap into the passenger seat and whip off my pants, simultaneously placing the nappy and let loose a massive stream of shit. Relief!

Except, now I am hovering, in a public parking area full of cars, half naked over a nappy full of shit which is threatening to overflow. Quick as a flash I take off my t shirt, wiping my ass as I turn around, then scoop up the nappy.

Luckily I mostly missed my shorts so I could put them back on and get home.

Craig

Happened to me several times as well. Fortunately they didn't tell as far as I know.

No man dude, the first time is an accident, after that you meant for it to happen. 😂 This is a good thread.

I was with some friends one night, had way too much too drink and the local village bicycle decided that it's now her turn. The second my pants was down I started puking all over her. That story was told for so many years, eish.

scudsucker

I went camping with a group of friends in a cave. We had a fire going, smoking joints and drinking and all was good, except it started raining. That was OK, the cave was quite well protected.

Until the wind changed. Suddenly the cave floor is under 3cm of water and the fire is out.

My friend, though, is not a quitter. He found rocks to raise the fireplace and restarted it using melted plastic from a pocket calculator.

So we kept on drinking until I had had enough (I am lightweight compared to my friends). Knowing that it was likely to rain I had brought a full length plastic body bag. I found a part of the cave that was marginally above the water line, climbed in and tried to sleep.

But a plastic bag gets really hot and unpleasant so I removed all my clothes, then passed out.

Meanwhile, my friends kept on drinking but eventually were cold, wet and tired, and having nowhere to sleep, decided to hike back to the cars. So they tidied up the cave, grabbing everything they saw... including my clothes.

I wake up in the morning. Naked. In a bright orange plastic bag. No clothes, nothing around me.

I wander around the cave and locate some vodka that they missed in the dark. I have a few shots, then wrap the body bag around me and walk down to the road. As I am heading up to the main road I meet a couple of guys walking in the opposite direction, smoking a joint. So I swap a few hits on the vodka for a few hits on the joint. The fact that I am dressed in an orange plastic bag wrapped around my hips does not seem to bother them. It is also around 06:30, which also doesnt bother them.

I reach the main road and start hitchhiking

Literally the first vehicle to come by, a light delivery truck, stops and picks me up - in case this is necessary to repeat, I am naked and wearing an ill-fitting orange plastic skirt - and the driver doesn't even ask questions except "where are you going?"

He dropped me off about 100m from my home.

Last edited:

Nicholas

Monday morning. A staff member walked in bearing a bunch of flowers.
"Good morning, [name withheld]. Oooh - are those for me?

:eek::rolleyes:🤯😠
Inappropriate! How did those words get out?

/Goes into hiding

satanboy

Monday morning. A staff member walked in bearing a bunch of flowers.
"Good morning, [name withheld]. Oooh - are those for me?

:eek::rolleyes:🤯😠
Inappropriate! How did those words get out?

/Goes into hiding
No, that is what many people do. Some people think it's funny.