Elderly day care (at home)

Tribs

emam

That's very cheap.... Actually sounds too cheap.
I know someone who was paying upwards of R20000 but he needed help with everything

Johnatan56

Only know Austrian pricing, but even in SA that sounds a bit too cheap to me, and for any of them you definitely need to go to others that have used them and check how it is, and then also realize you'll probably get a different person. In South Africa I'd just always be worried about theft and abuse.

Tribs

If my mother had to get a carer it would be 12k a month. Villa Bruno - the high care center on the property currently costs about 25k

biometrics

My mother is still mobile. It’s more about giving her pills and food on time, and in case she falls to help her up. So not high care, just someone to keep an eye on her. She’s mid 80’s.

Tribs

My mother is still mobile. It’s more about giving her pills and food on time, and in case she falls to help her up. So not high care, just someone to keep an eye on her. She’s mid 80’s.
Then a full-time housekeeper should work.

BloodrayneZA

If my mother had to get a carer it would be 12k a month. Villa Bruno - the high care center on the property currently costs about 25k
My grandmother was at Mbango for 4 years - alzheimer's - my grandfather couldn't cope with her care needs so ended up having her housed in the unit within the property. Well care for, she was quite happy there and the nurses were fantastic too. Uncle paid for it.

This is the area I used to sit with my grandparents when we visited

dabean

My mother needed full-time care. We tried having her live at my place for a few months but it didn't work. Dementia, and having to drive 40km or so (one-way) every time she freaked out.

Frail-care at Trans-50 cost around R18500 p/m. We looked at full-time nurses but that worked out around twice that. Really good place, good people. She stayed there for around 4 years.

Eventually my brother found a place in Durban (where he stays) for 2/3 the the price. I took her there in October and she passed away this December.

I still feel bad for moving her.