Dream logging

Jings

The night before last I distinctly heard a man say my name. I did not recognise the voice though. I woke up and it was dark and everyone was sleeping. It was a nice voice with a slight accent. Fairly deep but not gruff.

Does this man's accent sound slightly like Oxford English?

Jings

It isn't anything I have any control over.
Why not pose the question of traveling to yourself just before nodding off. You might be surprised. I've asked questions a few times and the dream topics have been related.

A word of advise - don't ask questions you don't really want answers to. Made the mistake once of asking what I would look like before death. There doesn't seem to be filters with questions related to self.

Nicholas

Why not pose the question of traveling to yourself just before nodding off. You might be surprised. I've asked questions a few times and the dream topics have been related.

A word of advise - don't ask questions you don't really want answers to. Made the mistake once of asking what I would look like before death. There doesn't seem to be filters with questions related to self.
I get the death answers without even having to ask. [So much pain].
This sounds like what I have heard people say about inducing lucid dreaming.

Jings

I get the death answers without even having to ask. [So much pain].
This sounds like what I have heard people say about inducing lucid dreaming.
Death is ok but it's the pain that's unbearable to think about.

Please tell us more about you've heard about lucid dreaming? Read a number of books as a teenager but still unable to fully grasp the definition.

Nicholas

Death is ok but it's the pain that's unbearable to think about.

Please tell us more about you've heard about lucid dreaming? Read a number of books as a teenager but still unable to fully grasp the definition.
It was in a YouTube video on reality shifting I was listening to while I was working yesterday.

Plenty of weird material on YT.

satanboy

I dreamed...
the vehicles on the N1 freeway jumped into the air and landed sideways due to a loud thunderclap...
it was so loud I woke up...

Jings

Last night I dreamed of being in an Indian incense factory to buy incense sticks. Problem is I couldn't remember the name of one of the fragrance oils to dip the sticks when asked and it was hard to describe.

Upon waking I realised the missing fragrance is musk. Had to google incense making progress to make sure it was correct in my dream. I always thought the fragrance was added when packing the stick with powder, but it turns out the sticks are dipped in fragrance oil afterwards.

Got to love informative dreams.

Jings

Smells like someone is burning incense on the other side of the building here at work. 🤣

Nicholas

I went on an exhilarating tour through an enormous building that was a mishmash of factory, university, laboratory, and observatory last night. Towards the end of the dream, I became concerned over where I might be, and how I might get back home.

Nicholas

"The new shopping centre in Vincent easily towered over every other building in the area...I left the boutique she store on the seven floor, and climbed the stairs to the eighth....grey and desolate construction site on the roof, building materials scattered around, vertical metal rods protruding from the ground...silence...not even a breeze..."

satanboy

"The new shopping centre in Vincent easily towered over every other building in the area...I left the boutique she store on the seven floor, and climbed the stairs to the eighth....grey and desolate construction site on the roof, building materials scattered around, vertical metal rods protruding from the ground...silence...not even a breeze..."
Where is Vincent?

Jings

Woke up with a women's voice in Portuguese saying cataclysm. Been feeling a little disturbed since.

scudsucker

I am on SSRIs and I take 5-HTP (serotonin precursor)... and my dreams are insane.

I had to take five or ten minutes after I woke up a couple of weeks ago, just to make sure I did not own a Bengal Tiger, because I was pretty much convinced. And a lot of other, smaller things I am convinced really happened but clearly could not have.

I woke up feeling real concern my tiger might have wandered into the road, as my fence is too small for a 260 kg tiger.

Nicholas

I am on SSRIs and I take 5-HTP (serotonin precursor)... and my dreams are insane.

I had to take five or ten minutes after I woke up a couple of weeks ago, just to make sure I did not own a Bengal Tiger, because I was pretty much convinced. And a lot of other, smaller things I am convinced really happened but clearly could not have.

I woke up feeling real concern my tiger might have wandered into the road, as my fence is too small for a 260 kg tiger.
Here, kitty, kitty.

Tribs

I used to take those too = had the most horrific and realistic dreams. They are not so bad any more since I stopped taking them.