Donate towards running costs

biometrics

You picked PayPal there rather than Stripe, they both charge the same fees. :p

EDIT: Paypal doesn't seem to be charging me, I filled in all the stuff in the pop-up and not managing to get to the next step.
Not to sure what the benefit of using buymeacoffee is as it pays to Paypal or Stripe. Why not just go direct? Where is the problem, buymeacoffee or Paypal? If you have a Paypal account you can send a donation to the email address admin@thegrotto.co.za.

I can send you my FNB account. Where do I get the IBAN?

Edit: got this from a mybb thread:

FNB works like this,

FNB universal code: 250655 (routing code/NCC code)
SWIFT code: FIRNZAJJ
IBAN code: (recipients account number)

Last edited:

Johnatan56

Not to sure what the benefit of using buymeacoffee is as it pays to Paypal or Stripe. Why not just go direct? Where is the problem, buymeacoffee or Paypal? If you have a Paypal account you can send a donation to the email address admin@thegrotto.co.za.

I can send you my FNB account. Where do I get the IBAN?

Edit: got this from a mybb thread:

FNB works like this,

FNB universal code: 250655 (routing code/NCC code)
SWIFT code: FIRNZAJJ
IBAN code: (recipients account number)
IBAN = account number, and then swift code, universal code isn't needed.

The reason for buymeacoffee was stripe payment, I am trying to avoid PayPal, I don't support them starting the entire refund BS stuff (though stripe does the same, they at least added more features in return and just followed PayPal on it).

Just send me the FNB, I'll send something next month then once I get paid into that account again.

Dave

IBAN = account number, and then swift code, universal code isn't needed.

It would appear SA banking hasn’t quite progressed into the 21st century with regard to international connectivity. They don’t appear to be listed as an IBAN country yet.

Johnatan56

It would appear SA banking hasn’t quite progressed into the 21st century with regard to international connectivity. They don’t appear to be listed as an IBAN country yet.

Also found this:
South Africa Exchange Control Regulations require all recipients to complete an online Reporting Mandate form if you are sending money to them for the first time. Your transfer can only be processed once this form has been completed by your recipient.
So international transfer won't work it seems without effort, how stupid.

Guess I'll transfer FNB to FNB once next salary gets paid in.

biometrics

If anyone has wondered why the numbers don't quite match up. Some Paypal payments come through 100% and others have deductions. I suspect it has to do if you enter a CC payment vs if you have a Paypal account.

E.g.

1619200593094.png