Does this forum tolerate racism?

Seldom Bucket

There are some pages there that I just don't post in any more old or new (If I can help myself)
Reading some of those sometime even @TheChamp and that other one makes sense in the revelry that goes on sometimes

Düber

They quickly take action if its anti-white racism. If it's anti-black racism, there is a bit more leeway for "free speech"and it has to be blatant.

There are inconsistencies with the mods for sure, but I don't think that is a completely fair statement. If things are reported more often than not action is taken.
Reading some of those sometime even @TheChamp and that other one makes sense in the revelry that goes on sometimes
So true.
@thechamp (and a few other posters) could say that water is wet and will still be torn apart. If you read @thechamps posts carefully you will find they are (mostly) carefully thought out and just pointing out the obvious or a relevant counter argument.

Dave

So true.
@thechamp (and a few other posters) could say that water is wet and will still be torn apart. If you read @thechamps posts carefully you will find they are (mostly) carefully thought out and just pointing out the obvious or a relevant counter argument.

@TheChamp comes over as an intelligent guy, as does @ForceFate, you can’t say the same for the BroederBond clique over there.

Blantyre

@TheChamp comes over as an intelligent guy, as does @ForceFate, you can’t say the same for the BroederBond clique over there.

I disagreed with many of Excalibur's posts but he was banned (he used to provoke and I suspect was mass-reported). There are others who have posted worse and nothing gets done.

Blantyre

If you have left-wing views you will be targeted. Many of the left-wing users either opt not to participate in political threads or leave the forum altogether, that's why conservatives or people who call themselves "classical liberals" tend to dominate.

There are some on the centre-right like Fulcrum whom you can have completely respectful civil engagements and discussions with even if you have completely opposing views to him but many others are not like that and seem to take critiques very personally, handling it aggressively.

Blantyre

If you read @thechamps posts carefully you will find they are (mostly) carefully thought out and just pointing out the obvious or a relevant counter argument.

Fulcrum as well and I say this as someone who disagrees with him on most things. He's always fair and respectful in his counter-arguments.

Blantyre

On Reddit, R/SouthAfrica used to be quite bad as well. I don't frequent there as much as I could but the mods seemed to have done a decent job filtering them out. The bad eggs have a breakaway called R/RSA. I'm convinced many on R/RSA frequent Stormfront.

Johnatan56

Yes/no, they both are purposefully obtuse at times since they try and avoid sticking to any point/allegation they've made. theChamp is better than forcefate by quite a bit, but both are iffy.

Blantyre

BroederBond clique over there.

Yes, there is a lot of alt-history posted that actually performs decently like the posts by EtienneMarais. Users who have questioned the ethics of the SADF have also been reprimanded yet these are the same people who moan about not being given "free speech" and "cancel culture".

scudsucker

It is interesting that people think the left are mistreated on MyBB, when almost all the banning/suspension/infractions have been of the far right.

In fact, many on the far right also complain that they are unfairly targeted (Gnarles is particularly aggrieved)

It is worth examining your own Overton window. It is natural that people consider their "own" side to be under closer mod supervision, because you notice your "own" side more than you monitor the "other" side.

You need to try to view the subject objectively. MyBB has a right slant, but in fact the majority of bannings/unexpected absences and people who leave are amongst the right wing. I can think of SoldierMan, DavidFreeman, CaptainOblivious et al, vs... Excalibur. Who else on the left has been temp or perma-banned, or left of their own accord?

Blantyre

You need to try to view the subject objectively. MyBB has a right slant, but in fact the majority of bannings/unexpected absences and people who leave are amongst the right wing. I can think of SoldierMan, DavidFreeman, CaptainOblivious et al

There are much more on the right there so obviously the more bans would be from there, you can even see that because even when they do polls with a political discussion, the conservative aligned options overwhelmingly wins. There are some radical right-wingers there, we know who they are but they carefully word their veiled racism so that it can pass off.

One even more or less concedes it but says he's a "realist".

The ones on the far-right that think they are mistreated are usually the ones that think displays of blatant racism should be allowed as it is "free speech".

Edit: SoldierMan is still active.

Last edited:

derp

I just can't beleive that some media outlet hasn't done a story on it. It's so blatant and so in the open, like a broederbond feeding fest. It never used to be like this over there.

Every second post is basically someone posting something negative and with clear racist intentions that incites all the barely-closeted racists to come running.