Developer Tools for macOS

biometrics

That's the exact point I am trying to make, Mac started this stupid trend of removing all the ports and other ultrabooks followed, even though it's damn annoying having to carry a dongle with for basic functionality.
Check my adapter, most happy with that.

Reactions: Y2K

Y2K

Y2K

@biometrics You're a developer no? What languages does your job require you to use? I'm asking because I'm studying at the moment but our course structure is horse shit so I'm teaching myself other languages in the meantime.

biometrics

@biometrics You're a developer no? What languages does your job require you to use? I'm asking because I'm studying at the moment but our course structure is horse shit so I'm teaching myself other languages in the meantime.
It changes over the years but lately PHP, B4X, to a lesser extent C and VB.

Reactions: Y2K

Johnatan56

Depends on what you want to do. For uni, Java is usually good.

biometrics

I'd like to image the drive before I start installing stuff in case I want to revert. Being a n00b and all. Recommend a free imaging tool please. Or is it built in?

Last edited:

biometrics

I see there is SuperDuper!. Is there something that can work on an existing NTFS drive without it being erased? I.e. the image being stored as a file/directory.

SauRoN

I kinda like the old-school chunkiness of VLC, plus it can do SO much more than just play (and convert) every format known to mankind.

I don't use the facility anymore but streaming from one machine to another was a winner.

My heart is set on VLC. Change my mind.

Then keep VLC and use it for those features.

But as a player it sucks, mostly because it’s so bloated with too many extras.

Also if you want to stream there are far better tools to use, like Plex.

VLC just screams by nerds for nerds, especially down to utterly bizarre keyboard shortcuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SauRoN

Raycast is much nicer than the built in Finder app

You mean Spotlight, not Finder.

Ventura may change that a bit as it adds a lot of functionality.

But yeah if apps/extensions inside Spotlight are your thing probably nothing else that does that. Personally a weird place for me to have those things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

biometrics

Started the slow transition from Windows to Mac. Going to take my time. Got a bit of a budget from the company to buy some software. :D