Cryptocurrencies

LD50

Return so far is more than any investment would have given me. Problem is this is not investing, it's gambling and Ifor one have no problem with that.
I'm a risk taker, what can I say? You're not. That's why you have the hazmat suite and I don't ;) :p

biometrics

Return so far is more than any investment would have given me. Problem is this is not investing, it's gambling and Ifor one have no problem with that.
I'm a risk taker, what can I say? You're not. That's why you have the hazmat suite and I don't ;) :p
I am a risk taker. I've been an entrepreneur for 90% of my 30 year career.

LD50

If you spent two years and made R10k I would be very disappointed.
no way, but having said that I didn't give it enough attention either. I mean I would easily take funds out and leave it for months at a time. Not the way to go about it.

LD50

Would love to figure this out..
Even reinstalled Chrome.

EDIT: Firefox and Edge works (with edge I have to refresh each page)

Last edited:

LD50

Adblocker maybe causing some issue? What does Incognito do?

Sent from my iPhone
deleted some history & biscuits. Works again thx.
TBH I don't know why I didn't do that first. Even reinstalled chrome the other day... :rolleyes:

LD50

Seems like the MA Cross is quite a good indicator for trend. Obviously combined with some other indicators.

LD50

I also had a support level of 162500 which it broke through, though the bulls and bears are punching one shot each. Could it be consolidating now prior to a trend reverse? Anyone?

SauRoN

While I am in the long game and therefore currently in the market I do expect it to bounce back up again as it seems to be trending a new support level.

Who knows maybe 160ish is the new low. Certainly looks like it over the last month.

Sent from my iPhone

Snyper564

Why would you guys follow trends on the local markets yes they mirror global, not exactly, but I would rather follow all these indicators on binance for example.

LD50

Why would you guys follow trends on the local markets yes they mirror global, not exactly, but I would rather follow all these indicators on binance for example.
What in your mind would be the downside?

Snyper564

What in your mind would be the downside?
If you follow luno and valr closely against the foreign exchanges they dont react exactly the same for example there could be massive swings on international markets in the space of 15 minutes and the SA market doesnt play catch up fast enough.

If you are looking at indicators the foreign ones are where you should be looking.

If foreign BTC goes up local BTC will go up its the nature of the beast but if its all over the place for 15 min due to low SA volumes etc its wont look exactly the same.

Just my 2c.

SauRoN

If you follow luno and valr closely against the foreign exchanges they dont react exactly the same for example there could be massive swings on international markets in the space of 15 minutes and the SA market doesnt play catch up fast enough.

If you are looking at indicators the foreign ones are where you should be looking.

If foreign BTC goes up local BTC will go up its the nature of the beast but if its all over the place for 15 min due to low SA volumes etc its wont look exactly the same.

Just my 2c.

Which is exactly why I would follow Luno’s exchange....because that’s where my money is sitting.

Following another exchange and trading on a different one would be silly for the very reason of accuracy you list.

Trade where your money is.

Besides I don’t trade 15 minutes at a time so its really quite irrelevant to me.

Sent from my iPhone

biometrics

Inside South Africa’s plan to regulate cryptocurrencies

One of the most important outcomes of the proposals to build a regulatory framework to oversee investments in and transactions using cryptocurrencies is that it will remove anonymous and secretive transactions.

Secondly, it will also remove the anonymity of entities that provide any service, platform and investment opportunities or issue and offer cryptocurrencies.

It seems that South African authorities took a simple view of the difficulties in regulating this new, ever-changing and evolving asset:

If the proponents of cryptocurrencies maintain that it is the money of the future, let’s treat it like money, and treat anybody who deals with its exchange and investment as financial service providers.

While cryptocurrencies are popular because they are not issued by a government or regulated by any governmental authority, regulation was bound to follow to ensure that any crypto network doesn’t become a haven for criminals.

The IFWG paper mentions money laundering or criminal activity, unmonitored cross-border flow, tax evasion, and the financing of terrorism as the main problems facing regulators.

SauRoN

Yup most (all?) of the exchanges are pro regulations at it enables them to do business more easily.

I know Luno already operates as if it’s being regulated and I would imagine others probably follow the same logic so there will no hassles to make the switch should real regulation come into play.

The whole cowboy not-so-anonymous-anyway phase is coming to a head which is good as it gives all of it legitimacy.

Regulation and registering as FSP’s will also go a long way to getting rid of the great many scams that mess up the legitimate enterprises.

Sent from my iPhone