Cryptocurrencies

biometrics

Facebook's Libra Association tries again at this digi-cash game, with more modest ambitions after global flop

Zuck's bucks have no luck, for now

Zuckerberg

The Facebook-founded Libra Association has revised its planned digital currency after regulatory concerns and public backlash made the project's initial vision untenable.

biometrics

Lol

Bitcoin is staging a comeback, with predictions of a rally to $250 000
It’s been left for dead more than once, written off as nothing but a bubble and denounced as rat poison by one of the world’s most famous investors. Yet bitcoin is once again staging a comeback reminiscent of the token’s glory days, with evangelists pegging their hopes on a technical event as the new catalyst.

True believers say the gains are driven by bitcoin’s upcoming halving, when the rewards miners receive for processing transactions will be cut in half as soon as 12 May. The Internet is glutted with second-by-second countdown clocks and the mania is even spurring a hike in hiring by crypto firms worldwide. Bitcoin has rallied to near $9 000 in anticipation from around $6 000 just a month ago, adding more than $1.3-billion in value.

Snyper564

I trade crypto and have for a long time, I hate this kind of click bait. left for dead total BS, can you even read a graph, I dont believe we will see levels of USD250K this is pure speculation and more BS

LD50

They said they are overwhelmed by the volume of e-mail requests- will take 3 working days from today to get to my query.
I'm slightly befuck

Snyper564

They said they are overwhelmed by the volume of e-mail requests- will take 3 working days from today to get to my query.
I'm slightly befuck
why luno its fees are kek

I use VALR, Luno and Binance. Unfortunately, the SA binance values are low at the moment so till they go up I use VALR, fees are much better than Luno and if you market maker you get 0.1% in fees paid to you. The volumes are slightly lower but they do 300-500 BTC a day which by SA standards is decent and their BTC prices are on PAR with Luno.

Just realised I wont get a post deleted if I post my ref code :p so use this if you want- dont care if you do or dont, but VALR would be my recommendation if you want to jump on this

VALR https://www.valr.com/invite/VADMVPP9
Binance https://www.binance.com/en/register?ref=39391259

Last edited:

biometrics

It Happened: Bitcoin Just Experienced Third Halving in Its History

Bitcoin has just experienced a once-in-four-years event: its third halving, which has cut the miner block reward from 12.5 BTC to 6.25 BTC.

SauRoN

Man oh man it’s been a wild few days.

I got out at 189,000 on the weekend and then felt like it was a mistake just before the halving with the sudden dip.

Luckily got in on a limit order at 162,000 again last night so now I can hodl again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LD50

Man oh man it’s been a wild few days.

I got out at 189,000 on the weekend and then felt like it was a mistake just before the halving with the sudden dip.

Luckily got in on a limit order at 162,000 again last night so now I can hodl again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Which is what I wanted to do ( out at around 187 - 191k ) but couldn't as I didn't have account access. By the time they sorted the problem out we were already at 164k

SauRoN

Which is what I wanted to do ( out at around 187 - 191k ) but couldn't as I didn't have account access. By the time they sorted the problem out we were already at 164k

How though? Did you not use it for a very long time or what?

Only time I’ve ever lost access was when I stupidly switched phones (twice) without disabling 2FA first and then it was a couple couple of hours to sort out.

Sent from my iPhone

LD50

How though? Did you not use it for a very long time or what?

Only time I’ve ever lost access was when I stupidly switched phones (twice) without disabling 2FA first and then it was a couple couple of hours to sort out.

Sent from my iPhone
same. my phone broke. Was not a couple of hours. I had a post somewhere where I mentioned Luno emailed me with an excuse of high email volumes. Gave me a few working days to resolve... plus all the security rules they enforced with selfie holding ID and handwritten dated note etc.