Critical race theory (CRT)

biometrics

Yes, but I made a post specifically about how CRT is going to play a major role in upcoming elections, citing one piece of major news released by a teacher's union (the biggest in the US), and one poll which shows the demographic support for this stuff. I don't care to discuss the merits of CRT here (that can go to the other thread), but the impact of CRT upon the election cycle isn't really discussing CRT as such.

Since the topic doesn't specify that it's about the 2020 elections, I see no reason to not bring up issues that will be germane in 2022 and 2024.
I'm not in a position to debate you. Let's try keep things compartmentalised or else it seems spammy. I'm moving these.

biometrics

You've effectively told me I'm not allowed to contribute my perspective on how I see the elections playing out in the elections thread.
I did not.

Politics and stuff like than can be pretty tedious. Let's not spray it all over the show. This is the CRT thread now. So post CRT stuff here. Feel free to start a new election thread(s).

TwoPunnyFourWords

I did not.

Politics and stuff like than can be pretty tedious. Let's not spray it all over the show. This is the CRT thread now. So post CRT stuff here. Feel free to start a new election thread(s).
I just explained how CRT is going to be the MAIN issue in future elections for the forseeable future, and you moved my comments to the CRT thread.

Therefore, there is no way I could possibly give my input as to what the political situation is right now wrt elections moving forward without either giving a dishonest viewpoint or having my comments moved to the CRT thread.

biometrics

I just explained how CRT is going to be the MAIN issue in future elections for the forseeable future, and you moved my comments to the CRT thread.

Therefore, there is no way I could possibly give my input as to what the political situation is right now wrt elections moving forward without either giving a dishonest viewpoint or having my comments moved to the CRT thread.
Sigh. I'll move it back.

Edit: will check tomorrow.

Edit 2: reminder of the #1 rule: Don't cause extra work for the admin.

TwoPunnyFourWords

I don’t remember taking part in any poll.
And yet one was taken without you, which shows quite distinctly that the education measures the teachers union is pushing for is widely unpopular. Even among liberals less than half are convinced it's a good thing. And yet you're talking as if it is going to BE a thing, by asking me if I'm going to remove my children from public education; well, at least you are consistent in the levels of deluded hubris you display, I will say that much.

In the real world, how this is going to play out is that the measure is going to be curb stomped by an intolerant general public, because frankly teaching kids to be racist is a bad thing. But that does nothing to detract from the fact that the Dems are now caught in a catch-22 situation where they are damned if they do, and damned if they don't, and hence they're going to champion this unpopular measure just like they were baited into supporting "defund the police" sloganeering, much to their chagrin.

To put it in South African terms, this is the equivalent of SADTU telling the ANC that henceforth history classes must include references to Xenu and aliens sealed in volcanoes like it's a matter of historical record, and expecting the citizenry to go along with that level of batshit insanity like they don't actually care what the kids learn in school these days...

Dave

And yet one was taken without you, which shows quite distinctly that the education measures the teachers union is pushing for is widely unpopular. Even among liberals less than half are convinced it's a good thing. And yet you're talking as if it is going to BE a thing, by asking me if I'm going to remove my children from public education; well, at least you are consistent in the levels of deluded hubris you display, I will say that much.

In the real world, how this is going to play out is that the measure is going to be curb stomped by an intolerant general public, because frankly teaching kids to be racist is a bad thing. But that does nothing to detract from the fact that the Dems are now caught in a catch-22 situation where they are damned if they do, and damned if they don't, and hence they're going to champion this unpopular measure just like they were baited into supporting "defund the police" sloganeering, much to their chagrin.

To put it in South African terms, this is the equivalent of SADTU telling the ANC that henceforth history classes must include references to Xenu and aliens sealed in volcanoes like it's a matter of historical record, and expecting the citizenry to go along with that level of batshit insanity like they don't actually care what the kids learn in school these days...

PS

tl;dr

Paul Hjul

Safe to resume and actual discussion on this thread?

Busy dealing with an interesting dynamic on this front.

EADC

CRT is a mechanism which divides people pretty badly.

My 2 cents

People are already divided and have been for decades CRT gives an insight into this and to think about it, just hiding it away will not cease to make the divide go away.