Critical race theory (CRT)

R

[)roi(]

I wasn't requested, it was my decision. So no need to tally votes.
Well then, are all news related topics going to be from now on classified as philosophy...?
... or wait maybe everything is philosophy?

scudsucker

Well then, are all news related topics going to be from now on classified as philosophy...?
There is a distinct lack of any news or news article in your OP.

Therefore, being mostly a troll post, it belongs in Philosophy where the reasons and motivations for posting such drivel can be fully analyzed.

R

[)roi(]

No, you never forced me to engage, but reading your posts is kind of like slowing down to look at a car crash so it’s hard not to respond.

So yeah, I felt it necessary to say that we have a completely different scenario and political landscape in South Africa and you calling me a leftist and a Democrat supporter when I have no idea or desire to know exactly what a Democrat is, is kind of stupid? I don’t give a flying fuck about the yanks, they all seem to be as stupid as you in thinking the US is the world. I do miss Trump though, that was a good laugh watching him in action. And of course it was seriously funny when South Africans started crying when he was ousted like it actually mattered. You seem to be one of these people so it’s good to have you around to keep the laughs going.
The fact that my posts pushed your buttons... implies you're ideologically a leftist; they can't resist adding their dumb opinions to the mix; even when by your own admission its an uninformed one; with a self admitted inability to establish correlation; but that's most likely as a result of the former impediment.

biometrics

I'll decide. If it smells of philosophy then I move it. It really doesn't matter where I move it, you are free to engage.

Spizz

The fact that my posts pushed your buttons... implies you're ideologically a leftist; they can't resist adding their dumb opinions to the mix; even when by your own admission its an uninformed one; with a self admitted inability to establish correlation; but that's most likely as a result of the former impediment.

What opinion have I ever given about the USA other than laughing at their higher than average quota of idiots? When you are rattling on about left and right everywhere, the political situation in the USA is the furthest thing from my mind. Why on earth would it be? No dude, I've got plenty of opinions and some might even surprise you. But unlike yours of course, mine are based on real life experiences.

R

[)roi(]

Relevancy for SA (for the morons that apparently missed the correlation):
The reality is that lefties the world over tend to repeat the same stupid ideas over and over again... because according to them...
...doing the same thing over and over again... will magically produce different outcomes... :rolleyes: ...and government is the answer to everything...

In SA, not only have we entertained to a more limited degree the notion that everything is somehow racist including mathematics (on a similar premise as CRT), but we also have strong teacher unions that are protected by the ANC...
...with similar crap outcomes for scholars i.e. they're locked into failing public schools with no parental option to move them our of those crap schools to better ones.

In SA the situation is IMO far worse... the corrupt government has no financial means to level the playing field with school choice on par with the rich; hence kids are stuck in these crap schools with crap teachers where e.g. in one case a maths teacher hardly ever shows up, but is still employed and receiving a salary -- this was prior to COVID -- today it's much worse.

I've met a few kids during the COVID period that can't do simple arithmetic like addition and subtraction... yet they've been passed along all the way to e.g. grade 8 with glowing reports of their maths prowess including the fake scores to match. How is this not setting these kids up to be the next generation of victims, no different to the Democrats and their support of similarly crap schools and crap teachers.

R

[)roi(]

I'll decide. If it smells of philosophy then I move it. It really doesn't matter where I move it, you are free to engage.
Does everything leftists disagree with smell like philosophy?
-- does reality smell like philosophy?

R

[)roi(]

What opinion have I ever given about the USA other than laughing at their higher than average quota of idiots? When you are rattling on about left and right everywhere, the political situation in the USA is the furthest thing from my mind. Why on earth would it be? No dude, I've got plenty of opinions and some might even surprise you. But unlike yours of course, mine are based on real life experiences.
If you think SA is any better off... then maybe the idiot you're were looking for... could be found reflected in your nearest mirror.

The fact that you can't by your own admittance categorise policy as either left or right only proves your life experience is about as informative as a fortune cookie.

Spizz

Relevancy for SA (for the morons that apparently missed the correlation):
The reality is that lefties the world over tend to repeat the same stupid ideas over and over again... because according to them...
...doing the same thing over and over again... will magically produce different outcomes... :rolleyes: ...and government is the answer to everything...

In SA, not only have we entertained to a more limited degree the notion that everything is somehow racist including mathematics (on a similar premise as CRT), but we also have strong teacher unions that are protected by the ANC...
...with similar crap outcomes for scholars i.e. they're locked into failing public schools with no parental option to move them our of those crap schools to better ones.

In SA the situation is IMO far worse... the corrupt government has no financial means to level the playing field with school choice on par with the rich; hence kids are stuck in these crap schools with crap teachers where e.g. in one case a maths teacher hardly ever shows up, but is still employed and receiving a salary -- this was prior to COVID -- today it's much worse.

I've met a few kids during the COVID period that can't do simple arithmetic like addition and subtraction... yet they've been passed along all the way to e.g. grade 8 with glowing reports of their maths prowess including the fake scores to match. How is this not setting these kids up to be the next generation of victims, no different to the Democrats and their support of similarly crap schools and crap teachers.

Relevant? Dude this is the failure of a government to deliver promises to the people who voted it in. If South Africa had made it a priority and invested heavily in state funded education for all in 1994 then we wouldn't be in the mess we are in now. How the fuck can you draw parallels with the USA when it is a completely different situation we are faced with here and is not down to politics but corruption and the failure of the ANC to lift the country in all areas as promised?

biometrics

Does everything leftists disagree with smell like philosophy?
-- does reality smell like philosophy?
Is this a serious question?

Do you prefer the mybb approach of mods, infractions, bans, post deletions and thread locking. I don't.

So if I move a thread there is no need to be upset. It is still available but it fits the site structure better imo.

R

[)roi(]

Relevant? Dude this is the failure of a government to deliver promises to the people who voted it in. If South Africa had made it a priority and invested heavily in state funded education for all in 1994 then we wouldn't be in the mess we are in now. How the fuck can you draw parallels with the USA when it is a completely different situation we are faced with here and is not down to politics but corruption and the failure of the ANC to lift the country in all areas as promised?
I'm trying to be generous and agree with some of what you said... so here goes:
  • "failure of a government to deliver promises to the people who voted it in..."
    • Sure, normally elections have consequences -- but after 27 years... it's foolish to call SA anything but what it is... a totalitarian government with farcical elections and an ever diminishing veneer of democracy.
  • "How the fuck can you draw parallels with the USA when it is a completely different situation.. ... is not down to politics but corruption and the failure of the ANC"
    • Easy... USA is like 50 attempts at Democracy, whereas SA is only 1; the difference however at state level is far less than you try to make it out to be... although granted areas within the states, counties, cities and towns have far greater autonomy that SA, but that serves a purpose in that it highlights what SA could be; historically it was part of the objective for SA, but Mandela + ANC opposed it, because it would have undermined the totalitarian position the ANC had come to enjoy post 1994.
    • As for corruption... surely you're not trying to imply the USA, it's states, counties, cities and towns are somehow devoid of corruption...?
    • I agree SA is different because it does not have a federal safety net like the USA, but that was to a more limited degree part of the initial design... the ANC + Mandela just refused to forgo their totalitarian hold on SA.

R

[)roi(]

Is this a serious question?

Do you prefer the mybb approach of mods, infractions, bans, post deletions and thread locking. I don't.

So if I move a thread there is no need to be upset. It is still available but it fits the site structure better imo.
Comme ci comme ça, la même merde avec un placage différent.
Same shit different veneer.

EADC

Whew... maybe you need to review who has tried to pass this legislation vs. who has always opposed it.
It quite clearly is a Republican vs. Democrat issue.
Democrats care more about keeping teacher's unions happy, hence they will not permit any legislation that would strip crap teachers of their jobs -- it's a win / win for democrats if blacks fail to succeed in bad public schools, and by supporting the teacher's unions, they for example: get access to government money funnelled from government to unions, who then donate to Democrats, etc.

Look you have made your mind up that the "left" and dems are evil incarnate, So I will not waste my time with you as any amount of time I put into it will be ignored or just brushed away as MSM or libtard nonsense.

Paul Hjul

Placing this spewing of horseshit into philosophy might not be ideal but it's the better of many evils.

Its not news (or current affairs) - [)roi(] being a racist cunt who doesn't use the term "leftist" correctly is not news to anybody. It isn't actual philosophy - to describe the morons ramblings as a philosophy is a stretch at best

But unless a category of "ramblings that are from a cunt that try to argue political points as part of some culture crusade of stupidity" were to be created the moving of the thread into philosophy at least makes it clearer that a slug fest psuedo debate is going to happen.

Paul Hjul

Ohio for one does.

To be fair only 18 states have voucher programs so really this is not a democrat vs republican issue, Like you trying to paint it.
School vouchers in the US is generally a State issue. While "purple" or "red" states are more likely to have policies for parental choice the main state proponents of legislation to implement voucher programmes tend to be Democrat because while the GOP loves to bitch about the teacher unions love the ability to bitch even more than actually doing anything.

At a federal level the Dems are pretty opposed to any manner of federal voucher to private or charter schools for the fairly simple reason that it represents a corporate handout or bailout on a state matter and has dozens of separation of church and state concerns.

Oddly enough though school vouchers are presented by proponents as a great creator of choice but in reality choice doesn't enter the equation so long as the state takes money from one group of people to fund the education of another. Either the State has a role to play in ensuring that people receive an education - in which case most arguments for vouchers to fund private businesses at the election of parents fall away - or it has a role in ensuring that you have individuals with access to a quality education that will ward off against them being total fucking morons in which case funding businesses of Betty de Vos and so on makes no sense to the taxpayer at all.

biometrics

[)roi(] has left the building. He pm'ed me last night to say he can't take the "leftists" anymore and he's leaving and that I can delete his account. Told him to hang around but he declined. I then tried to solicit a donation but didn't get a reply. ;)

Think I'll follow the FB approach of account deletion and give him a few weeks to log in again.

• Haha
Reactions: Y2K

EADC

[)roi(] has left the building. He pm'ed me last night to say he can't take the "leftists" anymore and he's leaving and that I can delete his account. Told him to hang around but he declined. I then tried to solicit a donation but didn't get a reply. ;)

Think I'll follow the FB approach of account deletion and give him a few weeks to log in again.

The irony is I would hazard a guess I am the most "left" leaning person here which means most of his interaction hasn't been with anyone really left leaning.

Spizz

The irony is I would hazard a guess I am the most "left" leaning person here which means most of his interaction hasn't been with anyone really left leaning.

I don’t know what I am to be fair. Left for some things and right for others.