Critical race theory (CRT)

TwoPunnyFourWords

This is Pete Ricketts, the governor of Nebraska, on CRT.

Some of the memes in the ratio that tweet is getting might be instructive... Here, let me post a selection for y'all.

Common themes​

Common themes that are characteristic of work in critical race theory, as documented by such scholars as Richard Delgado and Jean Stefancic, include:

• Critique of liberalism: Critical race theory scholars question foundational liberal concepts such as Enlightenment rationalism, legal equality, and Constitutional neutrality, and challenge the incrementalist, step-by-step approach of traditional civil-rights discourse;[12] they favor a race-conscious approach to social transformation, critiquing liberal ideas such as affirmative action, color blindness, role modeling, or the merit principle;[28] and an approach that relies more on political organizing, in contrast to liberalism's reliance on rights-based remedies.
  • Storytelling, counter-storytelling, and "naming one's own reality": The use of narrative (storytelling) to illuminate and explore experiences of racial oppression.[29] Bryan Brayboy has emphasized the epistemic importance of storytelling in Indigenous-American communities as superseding that of theory, and has proposed a Tribal Critical Race Theory (TribCrit).[30]
  • Revisionist interpretations of American civil rights law and progress: Criticism of civil-rights scholarship and anti-discrimination law, such as Brown v. Board of Education. Derrick Bell, one of CRT's founders, argues that civil-rights advances for black people coincided with the self-interest of white elitists. Likewise, Mary L. Dudziak performed extensive archival research in the U.S. Department of State and Department of Justice, including the correspondence by U.S. ambassadors abroad, and concluded that U.S. civil-rights legislation was not passed because people of color were discriminated against; rather, it was enacted in order to improve the image of the United States in the eyes of third-world countries that the US needed as allies during the Cold War.[31][full citation needed]
  • Intersectional theory: The examination of race, sex, class, national origin, and sexual orientation, and how their combination (i.e., their intersections) plays out in various settings, e.g., how the needs of a Latina female are different from those of a black male and whose needs are the ones promoted.[32]
  • Standpoint epistemology: The view that a member of a minority has an authority and ability to speak about racism that members of other racial groups do not have, and that this can expose the racial neutrality of law as false.[1]
  • Essentialism vs. anti-essentialism: Delgado and Stefancic write, "Scholars who write about these issues are concerned with the appropriate unit for analysis: Is the black community one, or many, communities? Do middle- and working-class African-Americans have different interests and needs? Do all oppressed peoples have something in common?" This is a look at the ways that oppressed groups may share in their oppression but also have different needs and values that need to be looked at differently. It is a question of how groups can be essentialized or are unable to be essentialized.[33]
  • Structural determinism: Exploration of how "the structure of legal thought or culture influences its content", whereby a particular mode of thought or widely shared practice determines significant social outcomes, usually occurring without conscious knowledge. As such, theorists posit that our system cannot redress certain kinds of wrongs.[34]
  • Empathetic fallacy: Believing that one can change a narrative by offering an alternative narrative in hopes that the listener's empathy will quickly and reliably take over. Empathy is not enough to change racism as most people are not exposed to many people different from themselves and people mostly seek out information about their own culture and group.[35]
  • Non-white cultural nationalism/separatism: The exploration of more radical views that argue for separation and reparations as a form of foreign aid (including black nationalism).[29]

Critical race theory is indeed an attack on the core values of America as a country.

Meme away all you like, Greg, the truth remains true.

Oh, but welcome to the party, I had started to think you didn't want to play. :D

greg0205

Critical race theory is indeed an attack on the core values of America as a country.

Meme away all you like, Greg, the truth remains true.

Oh, but welcome to the party, I had started to think you didn't want to play. :D
Remember when I said:

and also the ‘we can discuss this, but only within my perimeters and with my rules’ y’all love so much.

Oh, boo, we see you. We all see you.

TwoPunnyFourWords

@greg0205

Not even you should be so lazy as to not read tweets that have been linked for you.

So, who does Kimberle Crenshaw, founding member of CRT as a discipline, say CRT gets its legal ideology from, and what does she label his thinking as?

You see, here's the thing, "systemic racism" is just laundered "hegemony". It's the same concept, only with a couple of terms replaced like I did with Paul's copypasta. And so Pete Ricketts' comments are 100% on the mark, and the people who are laughing at him are 100% in the wrong. You see, the left has been on the offensive for so long that they've forgotten what it's like to go on defence, and the left is doubling down on this "Republicans don't know what CRT is" line the attack is gonna work, and... it isn't. By the time they realise that they need to defend CRT, it will already be too late.

I'm not telling you to stop you going on your tirade btw, far from it. I just want you to know I'm going to enjoy every last second of watching it blow up in your face. :)

TwoPunnyFourWords

Remember when I said:

Oh, boo, we see you. We all see you.

Yeah sorry, Crenshaw beats Hill in terms of authority. Hill is wrong, I have the citations.

Also, critical consciousness is another term for the whole Gramsci hegemony thing, coined by Paulo Freire, but... CRT doesn't cite Freire to my knowledge, and Freire, well...

Freire posits this connection between his ideas and those of Gramsci:...I only read Gramsci when I was in exile. I readGramsci and I discovered that I had been greatly influenced by Gramsci long before I had read him. It is fantastic when we discover that we had been influenced by someone‟s thought without even being introduced to their intellectual production.

greg0205

@greg0205

Not even you should be so lazy as to not read tweets that have been linked for you.

So, who does Kimberle Crenshaw, founding member of CRT as a discipline, say CRT gets its legal ideology from, and what does she label his thinking as?

You see, here's the thing, "systemic racism" is just laundered "hegemony". It's the same concept, only with a couple of terms replaced like I did with Paul's copypasta. And so Pete Ricketts' comments are 100% on the mark, and the people who are laughing at him are 100% in the wrong. You see, the left has been on the offensive for so long that they've forgotten what it's like to go on defence, and the left is doubling down on this "Republicans don't know what CRT is" line the attack is gonna work, and... it isn't. By the time they realise that they need to defend CRT, it will already be too late.

I'm not telling you to stop you going on your tirade btw, far from it. I just want you to know I'm going to enjoy every last second of watching it blow up in your face. :)
11.png

12.png

16.png

TwoPunnyFourWords

Funny Greg, but you didn't rebut my point.

I'm really not sorry for endorsing Q, btw. Even to this day. Never going to be, either. I told you all that, at the time, too. Would be right around the 7th or the 8th, since you found those posts you should be able to find the others.

And go ahead, TRY to talk over me like you always do, but in this case it's not going to do you and all the "we" who's seeing me any good. :)

greg0205

Funny Greg, but you didn't rebut my point.

I'm really not sorry for endorsing Q, btw. Even to this day. Never going to be, either. I told you all that, at the time, too. Would be right around the 7th or the 8th, since you found those posts you should be able to find the others.

And go ahead, TRY to talk over me like you always do, but in this case it's not going to do you and all the "we" who's seeing me any good. :)
You missed mine with that clip too, didn'tcha?

Guy who was utterly incapable of critically analysing a 4chan conspiracy about the Clintons, George Soros and the Rothschilds hunting and killing children doesn't get to lead this discussion by dictating definitions, connections, or the touchlines of the playing field.

TwoPunnyFourWords

You missed mine with that clip too, didn'tcha?
How could I miss something I responded to?

Guy who was utterly incapable of critically analysing a 4chan conspiracy about the Clintons, George Soros and the Rothschilds hunting and killing children doesn't get to lead this discussion by dictating definitions, connections, or the touchlines of the playing field.
There are lots of true claims within the Qposts, lol. That they didn't ALL pan out was warned about from the outset. Sorry, not sorry.

And this isn't Q clue analysis, this is what authoritative scholars in the field have to say about the field in black and fucking white.

TwoPunnyFourWords

TwoPunnyFourWords

TwoPunnyFourWords

You might want to take a gander at the BLM thread where I posted Mark Lamont Hill interviewing Rufo. He did just fine.

And you didn't answer my question regarding what Crenshaw said about CRT and where its legal ideology is derived from. The cool thing is that I'm right whether you admit it or not, and I get to enjoy watching your team try every last trick in the book in futility as the 'silent majority' is at last roused into action. :D