Critical race theory (CRT)

greg0205

I don't know why people find it so hard to acknowledge they might have had it easier than others, Have I had it easy all the time no but I am thankful for the privileges I had to make my life a little easier and for where I am today.
^This. I've never understood it and probably never will.

Moosedrool

But it's a whole bullshit theory. Might, yeah might.

I might have it easier now than many others. But that's exactly the point collectivists doesn't get. What someone didn't? I was in a school with black kids. does that make a difference? Where exactly do you draw the line when judging a person based on the colour of their skin?

EADC

But it's a whole bullshit theory. Might, yeah might.

I might have it easier now than many others. But that's exactly the point collectivists doesn't get. What someone didn't? I was in a school with black kids. does that make a difference? Where exactly do you draw the line when judging a person based on the colour of their skin?

By eliminating the Systematic racism that still collectively judge people of colour and has been around for over a century.

But we need acknowledge these things to get rid of them not excuse ty as an inconvenience.

scudsucker

I was in a school with black kids.
I bet you have black friends, too.

You are rather selfishly making this whole CRT thing as something that is deliberately targeting you, personally, for being a white male.

And I say selfish in the real sense of the word - self interested - because CRT is commentary on the entire society, not just you, your skin and your gender.

The whole of society. (Well, westernised society, as I have not seen it applied to other inequal societies, though it could still be applied)

Don't take it so personally. It is an academic theory and as such an intellectual tool to examine society.

It's not about you - though, the joke about privilege in that phrase writes itself.

Last edited:

SlinkyMike

I don't know why people find it so hard to acknowledge they might have had it easier than others, Have I had it easy all the time no but I am thankful for the privileges I had to make my life a little easier and for where I am today.
^This. I've never understood it and probably never will.
It is actually a very interesting paradox, until it isn't.

Given that the conservative mindset can be defined as one of an ordered, preordained, hierarchical structure to humanity and in fact all life on this planet, often designed by god where white people hold dominion over non whites, men in turn over women, able bodied over "invalid" etc. it is strange to consider that their (completely mangled) understanding of CRT is such a bugbear. It seems to have all of the essential ingredients ffs, why all the protestation?

It's interesting.

Until it isn't.

Simply add the following response to any criticism of CRT: "methinks the lady doth protest too much" and the issue comes clear IMO.

They know they are on the wrong side of this issue, that is why they can't stop ranting about it. CRT has nothing to do with it, it is merely a talisman for their fragility around race, why so fragile? Because they know they are on they wrong side of this.

SlinkyMike

Yea, it's just a tool to manipulate.

When conservatives tell you: "the pedagogy is being hijacked to serve an agenda" you need to hear: "we are trying to hijack the pedagogy to serve and agenda" it's classic projection and totally transparent, like a five year old trying to trick adults into giving them treats, that's how dumb they are.

What is concerning is that the creepy uncle of CRT on the right, one Christopher Rufo uses overt 'culture war' rhetoric on his twitter feed. He has crossed swords emoji after his name and uses wartime phrases as 'call to action' that could easily be read as incitement to violence, especially given the current climate ...he also admits that he made it all up and used it to create a social media presence under Trump:

“We’ve needed new language for these issues,” Rufo told me, when I first wrote to him, late in May. “ ‘Political correctness’ is a dated term and, more importantly, doesn’t apply anymore. It’s not that elites are enforcing a set of manners and cultural limits, they’re seeking to reengineer the foundation of human psychology and social institutions through the new politics of race, It’s much more invasive than mere ‘correctness,’ which is a mechanism of social control, but not the heart of what’s happening. The other frames are wrong, too: ‘cancel culture’ is a vacuous term and doesn’t translate into a political program; ‘woke’ is a good epithet, but it’s too broad, too terminal, too easily brushed aside. ‘Critical race theory’ is the perfect villain,” Rufo wrote.

...aaaand here he is right on cue, epanhandling for donations:

Screenshot 2021-09-02 at 09.38.44.png