Crime

biometrics

Former South African triathlete Nick Bester is currently in an intensive care unit (ICU) after being attacked in an alleged assault on Sunday.

The incident happened in the Magalies Mountain near his home in Pretoria where the 60-year-old was training for the BrightRock Battle of the Sports.

According to a text message seen by Sport24, a source close to Bester said that he was "beaten with rocks, dragged up a hill and beaten again with rocks and tied up and left for dead."

"His injuries are very serious. Broken ribs, broken jaw, bad cuts in his head. Will report more info when I learn more. I have spoken to him going for x-rays to check for internal injuries," the source added.

Crime is so common in SA that this article wouldn't even have drawn my attention except for the fact that it may be in Droid's vicinity?

Y2K

Crime will always be around, what makes things worse is the fact there are so many people who see it and let it happen anyways in fear for themselves and their families. Cops on payroll and accepting bribes is also a huge problem in this country.

ForceFate_

Crime will always be around, what makes things worse is the fact there are so many people who see it and let it happen anyways in fear for themselves and their families. Cops on payroll and accepting bribes is also a huge problem in this country.
And our porous borders offers easy access for illegal weapons and explosives. Also, immigration officials taking bribes at various entry points, forgetting whatever they're letting in is going to affect them down the line.

Reactions: Y2K

OCP

Let's not forget our esteemed SAPS leader who considers curfew breakers more important than farm attacks....