Coronavirus COVID-19 News specific to South Africa

emam

So over 18's can start getting vaccinated from tomorrow but they don't allow them to register on the evds website

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Spizz

So over 18's can start getting vaccinated from tomorrow but they don't allow them to register on the evds website

So does registration open tomorrow and then they can try to make an appointment or walk in somewhere?

emam

So does registration open tomorrow and then they can try to make an appointment or walk in somewhere?
I have no idea when registration is opening but they can get vaccinated from tomorrow.
Just went on the evds website and still only allowing over 35 to register.
Maybe they'll open it at midnight.
I'm going for my 2nd jab on Wednesday, so hoping to take my daughter with at the same time

emam

So someone on the other forum said that no pre registration is required

biometrics

So someone on the other forum said that no pre registration is required

It will speed things up to pre-register. It opened the night before for over 50s at around 8pm, so check tonight. Not sure if places like Clicks can cope with unregistered people, didn't look like it to me when I went on Monday.

emam

It will speed things up to pre-register. It opened the night before for over 50s at around 8pm, so check tonight. Not sure if places like Clicks can cope with unregistered people, didn't look like it to me when I went on Monday.
I went to CTICC and will go back there

Spizz

I went to CTICC and will go back there

Just too far for us with no certainty of an appointment. But thanks for the info guys. My son is keen to get the vax ASAP. We’ll check the EVDS site this evening and at midnight, plan so far is to go to Her*anus Clicks walk in early Monday morning on his day off.

biometrics

From News24:

Vaccines open for everyone over 18 years old
People 18 years and older will be eligible to get their Covid-19 vaccinations from Friday, 20 August.
Cabinet made the announcement in a statement on Thursday, saying it was part of the plan to increase the vaccination rollout programme.
Those 18 years and older are able to visit their nearest site with identification to be registered and vaccinated. No pre-registration is required.
Cabinet further approved keeping the country on the adjusted Level 3 lockdown.
The health department has set the target of fully vaccinating 70% of the adult population by December, meaning the country will have to vaccinate 29 million adults to reach the target.
By the end of last week, only about 10% were fully vaccinated.

Spizz

From News24:

Vaccines open for everyone over 18 years old
People 18 years and older will be eligible to get their Covid-19 vaccinations from Friday, 20 August.
Cabinet made the announcement in a statement on Thursday, saying it was part of the plan to increase the vaccination rollout programme.
Those 18 years and older are able to visit their nearest site with identification to be registered and vaccinated. No pre-registration is required.
Cabinet further approved keeping the country on the adjusted Level 3 lockdown.
The health department has set the target of fully vaccinating 70% of the adult population by December, meaning the country will have to vaccinate 29 million adults to reach the target.
By the end of last week, only about 10% were fully vaccinated.

Nice one. I wonder how the uptake will be? Busy tomorrow I reckon.

Arzy

The wife and I are booked for our second next week Friday. Next step is to figure out ho to get a J&J jab as well for the fuck of it.

biometrics

The wife and I are booked for our second next week Friday. Next step is to figure out ho to get a J&J jab as well for the fuck of it.
In the US the third booster dose is eight months after the second. Was on CNN last night.

Arzy

In the US the third booster dose is eight months after the second. Was on CNN last night.
That's for Pfizer though I think?

I'm talking about mixing vaccines and just having everything that's available

Spizz

I'd take a J&J too as a booster but would wait a few months.

Yep. Some countries such as U.K. are now saying if you’ve had mixed jabs you are not counted as fully vaccinated. I’d agree that one should get the 2 x Pfizer first before considering a different one as a booster.