Coronavirus COVID-19 News specific to South Africa

biometrics

Mkhize said the reports showed that, over the past week, there was an increase of 9.1% in cases across SA. Over the past 14 days, this increase was at 10.7%.

“We are also seeing concerning increases in some of the provinces. To illustrate this, in the last seven days, there was a marked increase in the number of new cases in the Western Cape. The province recorded a 42% increase in new infections.

Who was it that wanted a heads up, @dabean @Düber?

Düber

Veiled threat or warning? :unsure:

Me thinks a stock up is good idea, who knows what crazy shit they could come up with .

biometrics

Veiled threat or warning? :unsure:

Me thinks a stock up is good idea, who knows what crazy shit they could come up with .
I'll rather have a backup of the illicit goods. Does no harm to have stock.

Look at Europe, look at the behaviour of people here. Do you seriously think we will miss the second wave?

Düber

Who would have ever in their wildest dreams imagined we would be talking about ciggies ,beer and underpants as being illicit!

TBH I don't think the first wave hit hard enough to warrant any of the restrictions, never mind a second wave, although people have got fed up and complacent so now is probably a worse situation than if they had taken a more considered approach first time around.

biometrics

Who would have ever in their wildest dreams imagined we would be talking about ciggies ,beer and underpants as being illicit!

TBH I don't think the first wave hit hard enough to warrant any of the restrictions, never mind a second wave, although people have got fed up and complacent so now is probably a worse situation than if they had taken a more considered approach first time around.
Imo there are other factors involved why we got off lightly, perhaps our demographic age, occurrence of disease in general, childhood vaccination.

But a second "wave" seems likely. Other than malls people are not bothering with masks at all.

Düber

Imo there are other factors involved why we got off lightly, perhaps our demographic age, occurrence of disease in general, childhood vaccination.

But a second "wave" seems likely. Other than malls people are not bothering with masks at all.
Yes of course, hence "the considered approach". Despite my contempt of them, the government was put in a very tricky and difficult position, a real damned if you do and damned if you don't .
Where they fucked up properly was the implementation and all the silly rules.
This is going to cost them (and us) dearly if they ever want public support again and it is showing at some of the places I go to, even the employee's are not even wearing their masks or enforcing the regulations.
So in my mind the possibility of a second wave is high. Would it cause more damage than another lockdown? Not so sure about that one.

satanboy

I had to pick up meds at the VET. There are signs everywhere that state "Remain in your car. Phone 555-555 for service blah". A woman and her spawn arrive and get out of their car and walk up to the front door. No masks. Spawn sucking a iced lolly.
The rest of us sitting in our cars looking at this stupid retarded bitch.

GreGorGy

I had to pick up meds at the VET. There are signs everywhere that state "Remain in your car. Phone 555-555 for service blah". A woman and her spawn arrive and get out of their car and walk up to the front door. No masks. Spawn sucking a iced lolly.

If you needed meds from a vet, are you not also a bitch?

biometrics

My vet had a sign on the door that you had to phone first. That's now gone and the vet and most of the staff aren't wearing masks.

sand_man

Cunt, you should have run them both over!