Onrus 53 | 50 | 0 (and 3 deaths)
Sandbaai 34 | 34 | 0
Stanford 86 | 78 | 5 (and 3 deaths)
Vermont 18 | 16 | 2
Zwelihle 548 | 532 | 11 (and 5 deaths)
TOTAL 1533 | 1463 | 46

sand_man

One hopes the figures are accurate.

Gauteng topped 200k confirmed cases but 36k active currently. With a population of 15m, 200k is insignificant.

But let's assume the actual number of infected is 10x the official figure. So 2m with perhaps 360k active? Still relatively insignificant.

biometrics

One hopes the figures are accurate.

Gauteng topped 200k confirmed cases but 36k active currently. With a population of 15m, 200k is insignificant.

But let's assume the actual number of infected is 10x the official figure. So 2m with perhaps 360k active? Still relatively insignificant.
You mentioned you know lots of people that got it, were they staff?

sand_man

You mentioned you know lots of people that got it, were they staff?
None no...

I've had a few staff members off with the sniffles.

There was about a week where we had no water in Kempton Park. Our drive thru was open but our front of house was closed. We were mopping the floors with bottled water and Domestos. One front liner then got ill the Friday evening. Complained about having difficulty breathing. She was sent home and had fully recovered after around 2 days. A few other staff members were unwell at more or less the same time and took days off to recover. If was towards the end of their week so they had a week at home to recover anyway. We deep cleaned (water was back by early Sunday) and used aerosol sanitizers to disinfect the premises. None of the sick qualified for COVID testing but I'm 99% sure what they were experiencing was due to inhaling bleach in a confined area for days on end..

Last edited:

biometrics

None no...

I've had a few staff members off with the sniffles.

There was about a week where we had no water in Kempton Park. Our drive thru was open but our front of house was closed. We were mopping the floors with bottled water and Domestos. One front liner then got ill the Friday evening. Complained about having difficulty breathing. She was sent home and had fully recovered after around 2 days. A few other staff members were unwell at more or less the same time and took days off to recover. If was towards the end of their week so they had a week at home to recover anyway. We deep cleaned (water was back by early Sunday) and used aerosol sanitizers to disinfect the premises. None of the sick qualified for COVID testing but I'm 99% sure what they were experiencing was due to inhaling bleach in a confined area for days on end..
So who were the sick people you mentioned?

sand_man

My business partners sister is in her 50's, has been battling cancer for the last 10 years. She was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2010, recovered but it has lingered in one way or another. She made a full recovery from COVID though, as did her husband and son.

His mother is well into her 80's, was hospitalized for around 2 weeks but made a full recovery.

My 70 plus year old FIL was basically asymptomatic throughout.

An acquaintance, over weight, hypertensive, heart condition, mid 40's, had mild symptoms and has fully recovered.

Another acquaintance (teacher at my daughters school), her, her husband and 10 year old son got it. Husband and son mild, mother in hospital, was touch and go at one stage. She's home now but it was a rough ride apparently, like really rough. Early 40's but quite over weight...

Last edited:

sand_man

OH and an old school buddy living in the UK got it. Said the aches and pains were nothing but battling to breath for 6-8 weeks was horrific! A bit over weight but no comorbidities... he thank he had a spell in hospital but nothing long term...

biometrics

My business partners sister is in her 50's, has been battling cancer for the last 10 years. She was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2010, recovered but it has lingered in one way or another. She made a full recovery from COVID though, as did her husband and son.

His mother is well into her 80's, was hospitalized for around 2 weeks but made a full recovery.

My 70 plus year old FIL was basically asymptomatic throughout.

An acquaintance, over weight, hypertensive, heart condition, mid 40's, had mild symptoms and has fully recovered.

Another acquaintance (teacher at my daughters school), her, her husband and 10 year old son got it. Husband and son mild, mother in hospital, was touch and go at one stage. She's home now but it was a rough ride apparently, like really rough. Early 40's but quite over weight...
Wow, hectic. I don't know anyone personally that was tested positive, though both business partner and sister had C19 like symptoms at one point.

Mortymoose

Well let me tell you how it all went rapidly South up here....

In the space of 72 hours, The virus closed down, The Private Hospital, The State Clinic, A Big Guest Lodge, The Government Junior School and The Government High School, The Local Town Council and The Bank on the other side of the wall of my office.... We now have five confirmed cases.......

We were doing so well, Then some dick went to an engagement party in the neighbouring town with a few mates, got pissed, posted pics on FB of them all gesuiped and hugging with no masks, The Young lady in the bank to show off her ring, everyone holding her hand and oooing and aaahinhg......

The virus has a blast, then the receptionist at the hospital who interacts with all the sick folk tests positive, but not before she manages to pass it onto her sister at the state hospital....

Its nuts.....

At Spar we run two separate weekly shifts, the two shifts never meet..... My week on, I started to ban all kids under 16, to much applause of the local herd, We are doing a delivery service and are now finding ourselves dumping groceries at murky silent gates all hours of the day....

Myself personally, Bring it on bitch...... This fat fuck ain't ready for turning yet....