Coronavirus COVID-19 News specific to South Africa

Spizz

No, there are even private planes arriving. Basically you need a letter from the Embassy saying its fine, you can come over to them etc

I don’t know what you mean by private, but as a passenger, after approval by the SA government, there are certain countries allowed to operate repatriation flights through their government. I left SA last month on one of 10 flights organised by the U.K. government. They are planning no more but there are one or two happening soon or have happened with KLM, Lufthansa and Emirates.

FYI, I had to register, book and pay through the U.K. government website and then I was vetted as suitable by having a U.K. passport and an address in the U.K. to come to. So I’m now I’m the U.K. and no way of getting back to SA until the scheduled flights start again.

The_Mowgs

I don’t know what you mean by private, but as a passenger, after approval by the SA government, there are certain countries allowed to operate repatriation flights through their government. I left SA last month on one of 10 flights organised by the U.K. government. They are planning no more but there are one or two happening soon or have happened with KLM, Lufthansa and Emirates.

FYI, I had to register, book and pay through the U.K. government website and then I was vetted as suitable by having a U.K. passport and an address in the U.K. to come to. So I’m now I’m the U.K. and no way of getting back to SA until the scheduled flights start again.
What you described is what I was talking about. Private as in private jets but also those are 'private' jets.

biometrics

This was apparently trending on the Takealot app this morning, not anymore though. Comes from my sister's son.

1594213584202.png