Coronavirus around the world thread

biometrics

Will the UK now ban itself?

Two cases of coronavirus Omicron variant detected in Britain

Two cases of the new Omicron variant of the coronavirus have been detected in Britain, health minister Sajid Javid said on Saturday.

"Late last night I was contacted by the UK Health Security Agency. I was informed that they have detected two cases of this new variant, Omicron, in the United Kingdom. One in Chelmsford, the other in Nottingham," he said in a broadcast clip.

- Reuters

biometrics

Goddammit, now they need to ban Italy too.

Omicron coronavirus case detected in Italy - health institute
A case of the new coronavirus variant Omicron has been detected in Italy, the National Health Institute (ISS) said on Saturday.
The genome was sequenced at the Laboratory of Clinical Microbiology, Virology and Bioemergency Diagnostics of the Sacco Hospital in Milan from a positive sample of a patient coming from Mozambique.
The patient and his family contacts were in good health, the ISS said, adding that the sequence of the sample, "attributable to the one now known as variant of concern (VOC) and defined yesterday by WHO as "Omicron", was in the process of further confirmation.
- Reuters

Dave

That must mean the Cambodians don't eat bat like the Chinese fuckers around Wuhan.

satanboy

261311102_4936561673059993_2747443658137141899_n.jpg

Spizz

It's hilarious how the media is basically going with 'who smelled it dealt it' like it's prep school or some shit.

This made me laugh :ROFLMAO:

But the thing is, the countries locking us out are rushing to get vaccinated and we are arguing about big Pharma and praying for a cure.

They owe us nothing.

Jings

This made me laugh :ROFLMAO:

But the thing is, the countries locking us out are rushing to get vaccinated and we are arguing about big Pharma and praying for a cure.

They owe us nothing.

Wish we could say the prescription for the fever is more cowbell, but alas it's not true.

biometrics

Scotland records 9 cases of Omicron variant

Scottish First Minister Nicola Sturgeon says of the nine Omicron variant cases the country has required, none have yet needed hospitalisation.

She said none of the cases had known travel links to South Africa.

- Reuters