Coronavirus around the world thread

Dave

From the BBC

Posted at 11:31

BREAKING​

Booster jabs for over-50s recommended​

About 30 million people in the UK should be offered a booster jab this winter, experts have recommended.
It includes everyone over the age of 50 as well as healthcare workers and other individuals with underlying health conditions which put them at risk of serious illness, should they catch Covid.
The JCVI, the UK's advisory body on vaccinations, recommends the booster dose - preferably the Pfizer shot - should be given no sooner than six months after the second dose.
It can be given at the same time as a flu jab however.

Dave

I would not go to the US with so many refusing the vaccine

If you want to look for a country that has many people refusing the vaccine as well as a fucking awful vaccine program you need to be looking a little closer to home.

Which country looks like a vaccine failure?

this one?

3464E8AD-C957-4826-969C-B538E1A1CB7E.jpeg

or this one?

493494FA-F34E-40B1-BD9B-C970C2C12C2D.jpeg

biometrics

If you want to look for a country that has many people refusing the vaccine as well as a fucking awful vaccine program you need to be looking a little closer to home.

Which country looks like a vaccine failure?

this one?

View attachment 28765

or this one?

View attachment 28766
Considering the rich countries bought all the fucking vaccines, excuse our late start. Our uptake is good.

biometrics

You should try reading the MyBB covid threads, looking at them SA seems to have more anti-vaxxer ivermectin eating conspiracy crazies per capita than the USA.
No thanks, other than some marketing last year, asking a battery/inverter question once this year, I have been completely mybb free. Trust me, it's good.

Edit: have you tried other SA forums? I have a handy list on the home page.

biometrics

No, not really interested in SA specific forums, MyBB is international enough to stay interesting reading, but thanks for the thought ;)
They block international registrations, so it is very much a SA only forum.

Tribs

You should try reading the MyBB covid threads, looking at them SA seems to have more anti-vaxxer ivermectin eating conspiracy crazies per capita than the USA.
Why would you do that? You know what sort of people contribute to those threads. SA is behind yes - but those that want to stay alive are doing the right thing.

Dave

They block international registrations, so it is very much a SA only forum.

since when? I’ve certainly registered using a foreign IP (as you should remember).

Also, if you look at the core of regulars that I usually see posting probably 30% (or more) are now outside SA and at times the majority of the News and Current Affairs section is international news.