Coronavirus around the world thread

Dave

The Oxford Astra Zeneca vaccine is looking promising, it also looks like a more suitable vaccine for Africa/third world countries, being cheaper and not having the requirement of extreme cold temps for storage.

Düber

I will probably only say this once in my life, but let's be like Australia. (y)

Jings

If the foodstuffs mentioned in this article indeed stops Covid-19 from replicating, the prices are sure to increase.

Dave

biometrics

The Oxford vaccine has now passed peer review. Probably good news for the third world as it's the one most suitable for countries with lower levels of infrastructure.

We need a single dose vaccine for our conditions.

Dave

AdrianH

There are no one dose vaccines afaik, I suspect you'll be waiting a lot longer than mid-2021 if that's a requirement.
I was thinking the same that covid vaccine will become a seasonal shot like flu. Flu mutates every year and I remember them saying they have found a number of covid mutations already.

Hope I'm wrong though.

Dave

I was thinking the same that covid vaccine will become a seasonal shot like flu. Flu mutates every year and I remember them saying they have found a number of covid mutations already.

Hope I'm wrong though.

There are some early trials into a one shot vaccine, but they are a long way behind the two shot versions from what I remember.

Nicholas

If the foodstuffs mentioned in this article indeed stops Covid-19 from replicating, the prices are sure to increase.

Subject to peer review.

Spizz

Two people I know who have contracted it this week. One in Hermanus, one in Cape Town (brother in law).