Chilli, tomato, etc Sauce Recipes

Seldom Bucket

Let's start, would like to see what others do. I make my own sauces fresh, do not buy them.
I will start with my "Tabasco" Recipe

Things you need:

Normal Chillies, a half bag of loose chillies works (green or red, do not mix else you will get a brown mix)
A few habanero chillies (depends on how hot you want it)
Ground Black pepper
Salt
Some Mint leaves
Vinegar (Spirit vinegar will do, preferably white vinegar or the sauce will turn brown, but what ever you can find)
Some crushed garlic
Pressure Cooker (Electric works best)
Hand held food processor
sieve

Chop the chillies up small, add about a quarter of a handful of mint leaves also chopped.
Chuck everything into the pressure cooker, add a pinch or two of salt and pepper
Depending on the amount, one or two tbs of crushed garlic.
Pour in the vinegar till everything is floating and a dash more afterwards.
Close the pressure cooker lid and cook on high for about 10min (Tip make sure you have your kitchen windows and door open or else you will have some trouble with the very strong smell)
When the pressure cooker is done use the hand food processor to chop everything up, this is important the mix has to be still hot when mashing it up.

Wait for it to cool, sieve and bottle, bottle into a sanitized bottle, let it stand for about one week before consuming.

This recipe works on feel, I can give you what to use but not a precise amount as even I play around with how much of each I use and every batch is different. It comes down to feel of things after the 2nd or 3rd batch you will know how much of each to use

scudsucker

Buy habaneros. Buy honey. Place habeneros in a jar and fill it with the honey. Store in the cupboard for a year, or until the habaneros look like raisins. Eat.

scudsucker

I moved house and left it in my sister-in-law's flat where we temporarily stayed while painting the new house.

I forgot about it until she moved house and asked me about it.