Car insured value - heads up!

biometrics

Sjoe, Webuycars just came to have a look. Not bothered at all by some minor cosmetic damage, guy says he's going to push for R410k. Wow, it retailed for R470k in 2012. Can't say no, it will reduce my bond to almost nothing.

Düber

Sjoe, Webuycars just came to have a look. Not bothered at all by some minor cosmetic damage, guy says he's going to push for R410k. Wow, it retailed for R470k in 2012. Can't say no, it will reduce my bond to almost nothing.
Sounds like a very good deal, being debt free gives you so many options.
Just make sure that your other car is reliable enough.

biometrics

Sounds like a very good deal, being debt free gives you so many options.
Just make sure that your other car is reliable enough.
I'm taking ownership of my housemate's Hyundai i10. I picked it. Still has a year warranty and only 70k. Lovely car. Will replace the tyres and brakes though.

biometrics

Used car market is insanity atm:

1643404616291.png

If you are in a position to get by with less cars, you can make a massive profit.

I'm basically being given R200k for fuck all.

biometrics

I'm thinking about flogging the Touareg as it happens. Where do you suggest to look for the best price?
Start with autotrader and open the advanced options and filter to your year and milage to get a sense of what it goes for. I googled and ended up with:

Webuycars
Mitmak motors
Rola
Getworth

Webuycars initially offered R380k and when they viewed Friday they said R410k. The others need to view still but initial offers Rola R400k, Getworth R401k and Mitmak R410-R420k.

Others I contacted as well:

Cars.co.za
Weelee
Youdrivewesell
Carzar

Last edited:

Spizz

Start with autotrader and open the advanced options and filter to your year and milage to get a sense of what it goes for. I googled and ended up with:

Webuycars
Mitmak motors
Rola
Getworth

Webuycars initially offered R380k and when they viewed Friday they said R410k. The others need to view still but initial offers Rola R400k, Getworth R401k and Mitmak R410-R420k.

Others I contacted as well:

Cars.co.za
Weelee
Youdrivewesell
Carzar

Thanks. I just put the details in to Autotrader just now and was pleasantly surprised. I’ll have a better look after the weekend at all of these options.

biometrics

Thanks. I just put the details in to Autotrader just now and was pleasantly surprised. I’ll have a better look after the weekend at all of these options.
They will likely offer you 10% less than that but I'm also satisfied, getting nearly 90% of the selling price in 2012. Ignoring interest payments of course. But even considering interest it works out to have been a cheap rental for ten years.

Don't wait too long if you want to do this. Guy from Webuycars says he expects it to normalise in three months though I think it will take a year, who knows. Anyway, free money!

Rudolph Hart

My daughter is buying a car, and was quoted R12k for admin fees. I’m assuming that’s what they always used to call on the road costs? Is R12k the going rate? Seems quite high to me, but then I’m a stingy old bastard.