Blizzard Games: Diablo and Hearthstone

AfricanTech

For the Diablo and Hearthstone players

Depending on how many people here are still playing, I may even start a Grotto Clan.

Tribs

I play Diablo 3 sometimes.
Got Grim Dawn from a friend the other day - so busy with that now

Urist

D3 from time to time, if they start an interesting season.
On multiplayer mainly csgo and elite dangerous.

Bryn

I abandoned Hearthstone late last year. The money-making shenanigans from Blizzard finally became too much.

D3 was a lot of fun during the time I briefly played it. Might fire it up sometime if I ever have time for games. I'll probably focus on Game Pass for PC though - so much there that I want to play.

AfricanTech

I abandoned Hearthstone late last year. The money-making shenanigans from Blizzard finally became too much.

D3 was a lot of fun during the time I briefly played it. Might fire it up sometime if I ever have time for games. I'll probably focus on Game Pass for PC though - so much there that I want to play.
I haven't paid any real money for HS stuff for years - buy everything with ingame Gold.

I don't bother with Wild so whenever a set moves out of standard, I dust the whole lot which allows me to craft whatever I need for the new set.

Bryn

I haven't paid any real money for HS stuff for years - buy everything with ingame Gold.

I don't bother with Wild so whenever a set moves out of standard, I dust the whole lot which allows me to craft whatever I need for the new set.

I have never played HS enough to get by as a F2P player. And I love wild mode - most of my favourite decks are wild decks. From my experience at least, players had cool and interesting wild decks above rank 10 or so. Far more interesting than standard decks, which tend to be a very small handful being played by everyone at any rank.

I might have stuck around had Battlegrounds launched whilst I was still playing. It looks pretty cool. But I've lost months and months of card backs and preorder bonuses and all that, and have zero interest in touching the game again.

It's actually quite liberating being free of those sorts of games. F2P is the goddamn worst I've come to realise, for players like me anyway. I'd rather just pay for a game and get a game. The alternative ends up costing an order of magnitude more.

AfricanTech

I have never played HS enough to get by as a F2P player. And I love wild mode - most of my favourite decks are wild decks. From my experience at least, players had cool and interesting wild decks above rank 10 or so. Far more interesting than standard decks, which tend to be a very small handful being played by everyone at any rank.

I might have stuck around had Battlegrounds launched whilst I was still playing. It looks pretty cool. But I've lost months and months of card backs and preorder bonuses and all that, and have zero interest in touching the game again.

It's actually quite liberating being free of those sorts of games. F2P is the goddamn worst I've come to realise, for players like me anyway. I'd rather just pay for a game and get a game. The alternative ends up costing an order of magnitude more.

I like being able to dip in for an hour or so a day

Bryn

I like being able to dip in for an hour or so a day

Wow, that's some dedication. I probably played 1-2 hours a week on average. These days I just watch a Kripp video on YouTube here and there to see what has changed in HS.

I have found that Xbox Game Pass for PC fulfils the same need for gaming that's ready whenever I need it. Switching between Horizon 4, Gears 5, Outer Worlds, Rage 2 etc. is a lot of fun. There are just so many games, including awesome indie ones like Thimbleweed Park, Moonlighter, Dead Cells etc. Hard to keep up actually. Streets of Rage 4, Football Manager 2020, Gears Tactics and others are newly available and Minecraft Dungeons is almost here. Crazy good value for money.

AfricanTech

Haha, congrats. How is the meta these days? What deck were you using primarily/exclusively?
Thanks.

Meta - Highlander Hunter, Murloc Paladin, Tempo Demon Hunter

Played Hunter for the final run to legend; up to that point, mix of Mage and Hunter

Final run to legend

1591798227918.png

EmJay

In Diablo 3 I managed to do a GR100 this season through some casual play.

Otherwise, I don't have much time for these things these days.

AfricanTech

Anyone playing the new Season?

Trials of Tempest update

Every 90 seconds, your character will channel a variety of random elemental effects. The effects revealed thus far include a rain of meteors, lighting breath, a wall of flames, energy tornadoes, and a devastating snowstorm.

Challenges this season,
- complete the entire Diablo III campaign from Act I to Act V at level 70 in under 1 hour.
- complete a “50 million gold streak outside of The Vault or its Inner Sanctum
- completion of a Greater Rift level 45—solo and without any Set items equipped,
- Torment X Nephalem Rift at level 70 in 2 minutes,
- Cursed Chest event that requires killing monsters and defeat over 350 or more at level 70 on Torment X or higher.