Bheki Cele to fight back after clash with JP Smith over film shoot on Cape beach

SoldierMan

Bheki Cele to fight back after clash with JP Smith over film shoot on Cape beach

Cape Town - The police management is beefing up its legal team after Minister Bheki Cele was caught in a confrontation with a film crew on Camps Bay beach, accusing it of flouting Covid-19 regulations on Wednesday.

This comes after the City of Cape Town, which permitted the production firm to film its commercial at the Camps Bay beach, said it would approach the Western Cape High Court on an urgent basis for an interdict against the police's interference in the film production on Camp’s Bay beach.

More

SoldierMan

Anyone who has watched the video of the interaction on eNCA can see Cele is just being a big mouth and interfering where he doesn't have all the facts.

biometrics

Anyone who has watched the video of the interaction on eNCA can see Cele is just being a big mouth and interfering where he doesn't have all the facts.
I saw, looks like a bully that won’t listen. Knowing the City of Cape Town I believe they’re probably in the right.

SoldierMan

I saw, looks like a bully that won’t listen. Knowing the City of Cape Town I believe they’re probably in the right.

Yeah if he had taken his time and confirmed with higher powers it would have been different but he just came in all guns blazing.
He even got JP's name wrong, I think he called him PJ :D

Johnatan56

Cele said in a statement: "While it was permitted by the City of Cape Town, upon closer inspection, the production was not compliant with what is permitted on beaches, as stipulated by the Covid-19 regulations.
But nothing in the regulations states they're not allowed to film there, abuse of power as usual.

Düber

Johnatan56

Has the goverment perhaps realised they are spending too much time in court for frivolous things?
It does seem to be a bit out of character for them to settle.
They're probably worried the court will then set some official precedent that could see issues with Cele's enforcement as he's quite obviously in the wrong.