Battlefield 2042

Johnatan56

I just want battlefield 2 weapons and trees with updated graphics, better destructibles.
Imagine wake island where some dude decided to bomb out a canal in the island, or sections of trees are destroyed because some dude drove a tank through, etc.
Or the strike at Karkand map, etc.

Or a 1942 with the same weapons, just update the graphics. Just played Enlisted and the map atmosphere was great, guns were okay, and bot stuff was horrendous, but for that Normandy beach rush the atmosphere was just insane.

I don't want the modern weapons, I don't want tech robots running around, etc.
There's a reason games like Hell Let Loose are doing so well.

biometrics

I just want battlefield 2 weapons and trees with updated graphics, better destructibles.
Imagine wake island where some dude decided to bomb out a canal in the island, or sections of trees are destroyed because some dude drove a tank through, etc.
Or the strike at Karkand map, etc.

Or a 1942 with the same weapons, just update the graphics. Just played Enlisted and the map atmosphere was great, guns were okay, and bot stuff was horrendous, but for that Normandy beach rush the atmosphere was just insane.

I don't want the modern weapons, I don't want tech robots running around, etc.
There's a reason games like Hell Let Loose are doing so well.

biometrics

EA DICE has revealed that Battlefield 6 is officially called ‘Battlefield 2042’ and we’re going to get our hands on it on October 22, 2021.

The new Battlefield is being touted as “the most ambitious” entry in the series yet, built in the latest Frostbite engine, with 128-player maps available on the latest consoles and PC, while a host of new weapons, vehicles and gadgets are also being introduced - and yes, rumors of a robot dog were true.

And while Battlefield 2042 won’t have a campaign mode, or a rumored Battle Royale mode, players will have access to three “distinct, standout multiplayer experiences”. Want to know more? We attended a briefing on the new Battlefield recently, so read on for everything we found out about Battlefield 2042.

1623260664446.png

1623260674675.png

1623260685801.png

1623260697352.png

1623260718764.png

Johnatan56

And while Battlefield 2042 won’t have a campaign mode,
Lame, BF3 co-op campaign was great.
The first of these multiplayer experiences is All-Out War, which is described as the next-generation of the Conquest and Breakthrough modes we have seen in the series before. This mode features huge 128-player maps on PC, PS5 and Xbox Series X, while PS4 and Xbox One players will have 64-player versions of these maps, which have been scaled down for the last-gen consoles but are still larger than in previous entries (read on for more information on these maps)
Not getting my hopes up, since BF4 about, they've messed up the pacing of the game series, I'd not expect the 128 player maps to actually be good.
Conquest mode is the “classic all-out war experience” and will see players fighting over a massive space. According to EA DICE, this mode has a lot of varied pacing, with players choosing where to go and how to fight.
Space != pace. The weapons, layout etc. all matter, being forced to run 5 minutes from one side of the map to the other is boring and doesn't really add anything.
Breakthrough, on the other hand, is a more guided experience. This mode sees one side attacking and the other defending, in an attempt to capture areas, and will see both sides coming head-to-head in massive clashes.
So COD like probably, and what the majority will be geared towards as it's what most short-term players want.
EA recruits Call of Duty exec
EA has recruited a former Call of Duty exec to help grow the Battlefield series. The company recently announced it has hired former Call of Duty General Manager, Byron Beede, as the General Manager and Senior Vice President on the Battlefield (via IGN). With EA saying that the hire "signals a strategic, long-term commitment to the growth of the franchise".
I don't play CoD for a reason, and BF is not recognizable as BF for a long while, this release won't change anything. Don't have high hopes.