- instant light-up on map if shoot

From other posts:
- due to only matchmaking, max 4 friends in a game
- no footsteps
- UI is terrible
- terrible heli and jet controls
- not saving weapon load-outs
- no match chat

Hope you haven't actually bought it yet, player count is going to drop fast, maybe the AI will take up the slack...

biometrics

Those aren't bugs and tweaks, those are major features and will take months. You will have a player exodus since these are missing.
I don't agree. You have made it clear you are not interested in this game. I am.

BF is pretty much all I play. I'll play a new release for no more than a year. And then not play anything until the next usually two years later. Played 2, 2142, 3, 4, BC?, 1 & 5.

I am a shitty player so what matters to some doesn't bother me.

Most genres don't interest me. Tried the likes of Skyrim, No Man's Sky, Red Dead Redemption etc. and don't make it past an hour.

Johnatan56

I don't agree. You have made it clear you are not interested in this game. I am.
Oh no, I am very interested, just been too badly let down by BC, 1 and 5.
BF3 and 4 still have a pretty active community and you can get 4 Premium for R50pm on EA Play on Steam (or R240/year).

biometrics

Oh no, I am very interested, just been too badly let down by BC, 1 and 5.
BF3 and 4 still have a pretty active community and you can get 4 Premium for R50pm on EA Play on Steam (or R240/year).
Oh, ok.

Some of the initial releases were atrocious. Can't recall which version but you couldn't join servers, after playing for a few minutes it crashed to desktop (after a long load time) and so on. It was super frustrating.

That's why I now only get the base game, in case I bail early then I haven't wasted money on the premium versions. Not interested in early access, let them rather find the bugs for the day 0 patch.

biometrics

Looks like it is best to wait a while. Lots of moaning and groaning.

biometrics

Mmm think I'll still get it but going to wait a bit for the many issues to be fixed. Will check for a BF special next week.

biometrics

Even with our worsening exchange rate the game is getting cheaper, discount at cdkeys.com is now 30% from the previous 20%. Now R733:

Johnatan56

Even with our worsening exchange rate the game is getting cheaper, discount at cdkeys.com is now 30% from the previous 20%. Now R733:

I wonder why...

1637755662922.png
1637755701645.png

Player count is also dropping pretty hard.
1637755722485.png
Above 30k is still quite a bit, but that downward trend is probably going to accelerate.

I hear Halo Infinite MP is amazing, suggest you try that out.

biometrics

Bit of Steam review bombing going on there though. Yes I know it has many issues, but BF is my game, so will grin and bear it. When the price is right.

Johnatan56

Bit of Steam review bombing going on there though. Yes I know it has many issues, but BF is my game, so will grin and bear it. When the price is right.
Have you actually looked at the reviews of the game?
It can be summarized as the game isn't battlefield, it's more like a rip-off of CoD.

biometrics

Have you actually looked at the reviews of the game?
It can be summarized as the game isn't battlefield, it's more like a rip-off of CoD.
Yeah, been follow the reddit subs. People are bitter. BUT there are some people enjoying it. I enjoyed large maps and vehicles as I am a poor gun player. So I might like it a lot. But I'll rather skip the first week bugs.

biometrics

Bought for R712 (32% off) at cdkeys.com before the exchange rate fucks everything up. There are other sites that appear cheaper but once you check out they suddenly add charges for payment processing and service fees, you don't know what it will be in Rand until after paying, and they look a bit dodgy, at least I know cdkeys is legit.

Will do the download overnight.

Nicholas

Bought for R712 (32% off) at cdkeys.com before the exchange rate fucks everything up. There are other sites that appear cheaper but once you check out they suddenly add charges for payment processing and service fees, you don't know what it will be in Rand until after paying, and they look a bit dodgy, at least I know cdkeys is legit.

Will do the download overnight.
Enjoy!

biometrics

I take it that your PC meets the hardware requirements for this game.
Sort of. 3rd gen i7 with 16GB RAM, SSD and an Nvidia 2080. Not the latest but should be fine initially on my 46" 1080p 60 Hz, unless they optimize the game it will struggle at 1440p 120 Hz on my 27". Upgrading means replacing the mobo, CPU and RAM, an expensive exercise.