Bacon of the Day (BOTD)

Papa Smurf

Todays choice of bacon for my French Toast with built in bacon and melted cheddar was Eskort Back Bacon
Simply delicious

Now I shall pour my 2nd quart and start bottling 67 litres homebrew with the music pumping on this beautiful rainy morning and start another 67l batch

IMG_20210214_085728.jpg

IMG_20210214_091751.jpg

IMG_20210214_093506.jpg

IMG_20210214_093848.jpg

IMG_20210214_094019.jpg

Papa Smurf

I call this the Chuckmyster Special
Something I learnt to do during Level 5 Lockdown watching loads of YouTube for inspiration

It has become a weekend winner with friends and their kids' camping. Everyone wants a Chuckmyster Special 1st thing when they wake up. Maybe I should introduce it to @Spizz at his restaurant there lekker by the sea. Customers will easily pay R55 or more for this blinged French Toast (y) Especially if you include a 330ml Coopers as is my tradition. :ROFLMAO:

scudsucker

My plan, this weekend was to go "camping" - camping in inverted commas because we were going to Beaverlac, which is not real camping. But good enough for the kids. Anyway. I made the mistake of providing my wife with a weather report for the closest place I could find to the campsite. This is the peak of the Groot Winterhoek where light snow and temperatures of -8° are expected. Suprisingly enough she decided that we are NOT going camping...

Anyway. I have excellent bacon from a friend of mine and oxtail that I planned to make into a poitjie, so this weekend's mission is to make a home-brew stout, bacon and oxtail stew.

I might even throw some vegetables in, but that might ruin the taste.

Papa Smurf

My plan, this weekend was to go "camping" - camping in inverted commas because we were going to Beaverlac, which is not real camping. But good enough for the kids. Anyway. I made the mistake of providing my wife with a weather report for the closest place I could find to the campsite. This is the peak of the Groot Winterhoek where light snow and temperatures of -8° are expected. Suprisingly enough she decided that we are NOT going camping...

Anyway. I have excellent bacon from a friend of mine and oxtail that I planned to make into a poitjie, so this weekend's mission is to make a home-brew stout, bacon and oxtail stew.

I might even throw some vegetables in, but that might ruin the taste.
50 bux a pack of bacon :oops:
You're rich

Lekker weather at Beaverlac this weekend, trade the wife in for a new one that enjoys camping

Papa Smurf

It is really, really good bacon. But you are right, I do not buy it often

Windchill at -8° is what scared her away - though, to me, that's just an excuse to cuddle closer...
-8 on top of the mountain yes, but Beaverlac is at the bottom where there is very little to no wind from what I remember. Used to be a lekker spot to go to but I haven't been there in almost 10 years, the traffic there is now mostly very noisy brown folk that stay up late and get gesuip and every 3rd word is the P word