• Yes

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • No

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Getting there

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters

Tribs

I know 4 people that have died in the last 3 weeks. Two in their 30s. Only one had bothered to get tested - so no idea if the other deaths are related. Have one friend who recovered. Know another that is sick but seems ok. He had bad headaches- his eyes hurt when he moved them - and had the chills. Symptoms came and went - he didn't feel sick constantly. Still sick 3 weeks later but says he isn't feeling too bad now.

I have taken this seriously - so go shopping every 2 or 3 days only (instead of daily). Wear a mask. Saw a friend on the weekend (he was replacing my laptop fan for me and installed an SSD) - he says the masks are rubbish. He has designed a new valve for the masks because the one Dischem is selling has been found to let the virus in. Dischem are buying his new valve - but he doesn't wear a mask and has not been sick. Other than that - I have been to the emergency rooms, hospitals, doctors, blood services, radiology several times - and luckily still healthy. Actually since lockdown - I have had to go to all these places more frequently than in the last year.

I cannot see my mother who had a cancer op - I would never forgive myself if I gave her the virus. She is pretty much isolated in that retirement village. They are not letting anyone in.

I actually don't know what to think. I am not ready to die from something like that - but it is the other complications that bother me more. Imagine having diminished brain function as a result?! The death I have will be very quick - really not willing to suffer like some people do.

I really do want life to go back to normal - too many people suffering. And I want my Cape Town trips back. I am going batshit crazy being stuck at home.

Nicholas

Are you going about life as per normal? Or are you in lockdown like me?

Please share your extent of where we are currently.

Do you care? Do you wear a mask? Do you stay home? Do you visit friends and family? Are you an anti what ever issue rebel?
No, lockdown regulations are the new normal.
I wear a mask.
Unless I am told to work from home, I go in to work. Should I nee something from a shop, it can be dropped off once a week.
I haven't visited my family since March.
Resigned, not rebellious.

Badballie

I am done with this virus , i do what i have to to comply with the mask thing , wash hands and sanitise .
Been on a few rides with a few guys and by my self , a few gatherings i have been to you would swear there is no lock down , no masks beer sold freely, chow on order and cigarettes for sale .
Few of my friends still pass the boat around .
Life is semi normal shop every other day and do what is required .

Rudolph Hart

I’m still working from home, but go in as needed which isn‘t too often. The company has far stricter rules than the government, so I don’t worry too much when going in. Shopping is once every ten days or so, and stresses me - too many fuckwits and arseholes who are happy to invade my bubble with their masks over their chins. Been shopping online a fair bit, not for groceries - no one delivers that out here, but I’ve been buying a few things that were on my list of stuff to buy when there’s a little spare cash - which there has been because lockdown is a much cheaper lifestyle than my normal one. If I’d know how easy it would be so save so much money, I’d have become a hermit far sooner.

R

[)roi(]

He had bad headaches- his eyes hurt when he moved them
That's a common symptom of sinus infection; I.e. pressure build up in the sinus passages; sinus head aches are some of the worst. The only thing that alleviates that is sinus medication containing pseudoephedrine, for example: Sudafed, Sinuend, Advil CS, ... they also stop the post nasal drip; which is what causes the chest infection.

bigAl-sa

I went to Camp and Climb this morning to look for a new tent and stuff. Spent nearly 2h in the shop with the salesman. He was only too happy to have someone to talk to. Very knowledgeable too.

I am gearing up for the end.

BloodrayneZA

I went to Camp and Climb this morning to look for a new tent and stuff. Spent nearly 2h in the shop with the salesman. He was only too happy to have someone to talk to. Very knowledgeable too.

The end of the world?

satanboy

How many guns, bows and Katanas did you get?

Sinbad

i have a feeling my wife and I may now be post-covid.
She had several days of severe fatigue, headaches, sore chest. I had one day of it... Can't really think of any other reason for this

Mortymoose

Been on weekly split shifts from work, I take my team of 45 in on Monday for the week, then my partner takes his shift the following week, never shall the two meet.....costing an arm and a leg...

But on my off week, I go for walks on the beach or down to the river, braai and try to stay away from the sauce as much as possible.

Up here, two major regions including the Capital are in lockdown, no movement, but we can still buy booze and my the kid has now been outta school for four months, but stil doing online schooling. He was top of the grade last year so I don't see much issue with him not progressing... but currently looking at proper online school...

My partner took his two kids to Windhoek, to repatriate them to Stellenbosch so they may continue their high school classes..... think he is now caught in the lockdown and battling to get back...

Other than that my biggest concern is the local mine closing down for a few months as the market for diamonds has collapsed, but consolidating and reducing my stock and would rather ride this virus malarkey out here than anywhere else..

My town , thanks to the mine also is one of only four testing laboratories in the country, so we can get checked pretty quickly if we suspect a case..

Thats me finished typing on the bog, my early morning bowel moved, so me and the kid are off for a river walk with the mutt, you okes stay safe..

sand_man

Considering that one may not become immune - is the antibody test of any value ?
Rate of reinfection is so miniscule it's barely worth talking about. That and the Swedes trumpeting on about their herd immunity leads to me believe that you do in fact become immune once infected. For how long might be the more pertinent question.

I'd want to know if I'd had it purely as an indication of how adversely (or not) I'd been affected by it.

There's also the potential for someone who has recovered from covid to donate plasma. For plasma convalescent treatment.

@satanboy Sent from my GM1910 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

satanboy

Rate of reinfection is so miniscule it's barely worth talking about. That and the Swedes trumpeting on about their herd immunity leads to me beleive that you do in fact become immune once infected. For how long might be the more pertinent question.

I'd want to know if I'd had it purely as an indication of how adversely (or not) I'd been affected by it.

There's also the potential for someone who has recovered from covid to donate plasma. For plasma convalescent treatment.

@satanboy Sent from my GM1910 using Tapatalk
Too many reports of people getting it twice.