• Yes

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • No

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Getting there

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters

biometrics

Are you going about life as per normal? Or are you in lockdown like me?

Please share your extent of where we are currently.

Do you care? Do you wear a mask? Do you stay home? Do you visit friends and family? Are you an anti what ever issue rebel?

Sinbad

I wear a mask. I visit family every now and then. Don't go out unnecessarily. Work from home.
Going sailing this weekend cos fukkit it's been too long.

biometrics

Personally, it looks like this should be a thing of the past in 12 months.

biometrics

Going sailing this weekend cos fukkit it's been too long.
I have had to become more pragmatic, and I'd say your risk sailing is pretty much zero. Not so much in the yacht club though...

Sinbad

I have had to become more pragmatic, and I'd say your risk sailing is pretty much zero. Not so much in the yacht club though...
No contact in the club. But I have to smuggle myself across the gauteng border

biometrics

No contact in the club. But I have to smuggle myself across the gauteng border
Saw lots of out of towners in Her*anus this weekend including quite a few GP plates. How do you think they got here? Hmmm.

Düber

I am wearing a mask and being a bit careful.
I generally avoid crowds normally anyway and for the most part work at home. The only real thing that has changed is getting ciggies, way more convenient going to the local Spar rather than across town to the Paki's.

BloodrayneZA

Not really. Still waiting to go back to work - had an appointment at the hospital Thursday evening and another tomorrow to sort my hearing aid out.

only time I get out is to eithertake my rubbish to the municipal rubbish bins or shopping.

And yes with masks, wearing them is mandatory in the shops and hospitals

R

[)roi(]

I've been post covid-19 pretty much since the beginning.
I however came down with a bout flu a few weeks back, and tested positive after the worst of my symptoms abated. I caught it from one of my farm staff or my maid; many in our area also similarly contracted flu, some worse than others; but no hospital admissions that I was aware of.

All in all mine persisted for about 3 weeks; although I still have sinus issues atm; the worst part was the first +/-3 days with fever, chills, sweats, bad headaches, post nasal drip, etc. It hit me about as hard as 2009's H1N1 (i.e. bad flu). The remainder of the 3 week's symptoms were similar to a bad case of hay fever; blocked sinus, but that could have been exacerbated by our Karee trees which were in bloom during the same period. I suffer yearly from hay fever during June to October; generally allergex helps but it didn't for this; had to resort to stronger sinus meds.

Never stopped working except for about 1 week when I chose to stay in bed. A lot of my work can be done remotely so whilst not ideal re no travel, I was able to push through with work with clients; and being at home I was able to catch up on a lot of work I had wanted to get around to. As for a mask I wore it of course when I went to get tested, and then wear it only when I'm out shopping.

R

[)roi(]

Nice to know you. ;)
Hahaha... I'm long over it, so no worries. It really isn't something to be scared of except if you're in the high risk group.

What I have now is my yearly hay fever; for which allergex works well; Spring is never a good season for my sinuses.

biometrics

Hahaha... I'm long over it, so no worries. It really isn't something to be scared of except if you're in the high risk group.

What I have now is my yearly hay fever; for which allergex works well; Spring is never a good season for my sinuses.
Don't think I know anyone else that have been C19 positive. Any forumites I missed?

Geminigall

Saw lots of out of towners in Her*anus this weekend including quite a few GP plates. How do you think they got here? Hmmm.
Was in Pearly Beach since Friday Drove back to Stellies today...There is a massive amount off GP cars Glad you also noticed Thought it was just me

Geminigall

I go to work and home every day Dont have a choice. Wear my mask everywhere an sanitise the hell out off everything Went to Pearly Beach alone for the weekend to visit my BFF. My mates all work from home So felt OK about the trip

sand_man

Out the house on daily walks around the hood. Wear a cloth face mask. Get deliveries at least twice a week. Meet the drivers at the front gate masked.

Had one brief social gathering with 3 family members for a birthday but other than that....

Last time I was at my business was 26th March. I’m semi retired so am not required to go in daily. I do a fair amount remotely, which we been geared for, for the last 15 years or so, so lockdown wasn’t an issue. Suits my reclusive lifestyle to a tee.

SO hasn’t adapted to online shopping so she does a run at least once a week. Masked of course. Not a fan of her venturing out but she’s more of a social animal than I, so this lockdown is really starting to adversely affect her mentally.

I been living in a self imposed soft lockdown since around 2005. This is business as usual for me. I’m enjoying the quiet but realize it is coming at a huge economic loss for the country. The last 4 months has felt like December in Gauteng. Dead!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

bigAl-sa

I would really enjoy being able to to the pub and have a pint or six with my mates.

Still wear a mask in public, and when workers are in the house.