Are manual cars still a thing? Is there even a future for the old gear stick?

BloodrayneZA

I don’t think it’s an Opel - more fancier car, has built in, got all the bells and whistles. I’d class it as a rich mans car or sommat close to that. I can’t remember what model it is but that thing glides like it’s on water.

Dave

I don’t think it’s an Opel - more fancier car, has built in, got all the bells and whistles. I’d class it as a rich mans car or sommat close to that. I can’t remember what model it is but that thing glides like it’s on water.

Vauxhall is the UK brand for Opel cars, both used to belong to General Motors, both now belong to Peugeot.

Tribs

I have driven both and prefer manual. I like to decide when to change gears. Only reason I will consider manual is for the stop start driving we do in heavy traffic. A manual is tiring in those circumstances - and if you ride the clutch - you end up with huge problems.

SauRoN

Only reason I have a manual again is because the auto offered was rubbish but the car ticked many boxes others didn’t for the same money at the time.

I’ll not make the mistake again though.

Sent from my iPhone

Badballie

Sold my outo car because there was no space for my bikes in the garage , now down to a Figo( parks outside ) and a few bikes .
Owned two autos in my life , the last one was epic (A45) .

Sinbad

Two auto cars and an auto bike in the garage.

No desire to ever get a manual again. Drove one of them in flappy paddle mode for a bit on Friday. No thanks. No one got time for all that concentrating on rpm and shit

Sinbad

Fanie had one too. It is exactly half a Jazz CVT.
No, not cvt.
Half a jazz engine yes, but a dct gearbox, not cvt.

Fanie bought his just after I got mine. He should have kept it, he wouldn't have been tempted into risky shit like that mt did to him