Apple Events

biometrics

7pm tonight

1685977660749.png

biometrics

Vision Pro is pretty cool but at $3,500 I’ll wait a few years.

Last edited:

biometrics

7pm SA time

biometrics

Christ, what a bore. Not a single reason to upgrade. They may be making tons of money but they certainly have run out of innovative ideas. Meh.

Baxteen

and people will continue to say that its the best devices and keep buying them.
as long as no one keeps them accountable by moving platform they will never innovate.
the last phone brand that was actually innovating was Huawei with the mate 20 pro series, after that no one did anything new or special.

small processor upgrades, better screen and that is it. neither of those parts are really truly noticeable to for the user

Nicholas

Might this be a good time for some users to think about who or what influences their decision to upgrade their devices and why they might be doing it when what they have runs the software they use with aplomb?

biometrics

and people will continue to say that its the best devices and keep buying them.
as long as no one keeps them accountable by moving platform they will never innovate.
the last phone brand that was actually innovating was Huawei with the mate 20 pro series, after that no one did anything new or special.

small processor upgrades, better screen and that is it. neither of those parts are really truly noticeable to for the user
Last year I finally moved all my personal stuff to Apple after a decade on Android but I got a generation back as it does the same and were cheaper, incl iPhone 13, Watch 7, Apple TV HD, Airpod Pro gen 1. Just the Macbook Air was the new M1 when I got it in 2021 I think. I like how their stuff works together.

All my work stuff is still Windows, Linux and Android.

satanboy

satanboy

1694601044284.png
Every iPhone since 2012 has used Lightning … until now.
After 11 years of the Lightning charging port, its time has come to an end. Replacing it is USB-C, the reversible charging port that's available on Apple MacBooks, iPads, Android phones, Windows laptops, and many more types of devices across various categories. Often dubbed as the “universal connector,” its primary benefit here is that you can finally use the same cable to recharge most of your devices.
Every new iPhone 15 model and the charging case of the AirPods Pro (2nd generation) finally have a USB-C port.

Baxteen

Last year I finally moved all my personal stuff to Apple after a decade on Android but I got a generation back as it does the same and were cheaper, incl iPhone 13, Watch 7, Apple TV HD, Airpod Pro gen 1. Just the Macbook Air was the new M1 when I got it in 2021 I think. I like how their stuff works together.

All my work stuff is still Windows, Linux and Android.
the M2 was kinda cool, but nothing really ground breaking.
the ecosystem works well together but for somneone like me who has a mini Pc attached to the TV a gaming laptop there is no reason to get into the ecosystem. a mackbook will not be useful, no gaming. the airpods are meh quality and I find them uncomfortable. I enjoy my heaqdphones.

biometrics

the M2 was kinda cool, but nothing really ground breaking.
the ecosystem works well together but for somneone like me who has a mini Pc attached to the TV a gaming laptop there is no reason to get into the ecosystem. a mackbook will not be useful, no gaming. the airpods are meh quality and I find them uncomfortable. I enjoy my heaqdphones.
Airpod Pro sounds great, have you tried it? Not the Airpod, the Pro.

I also have an Airtag in each of our two cars. Brilliant and free tracking. Can see where the housemate is.

Also got the iPad Mini 6 and Pencil 2 but still have to get into the Pencil.

So 8 types of Apple devices.

Also got a TT Audio system for the FJ so both Android and Apple wireless connection.

Last edited:

Baxteen

Airpod Pro sounds great, have you tried it? Not the Airpod, the Pro.

I also have an Airtag in each of our two cars. Brilliant and free tracking. Can see where the housemate is.

Also got the iPad Mini 6 and Pencil 2 but still have to get into the Pencil.

So 8 types of Apple devices.

Also got a TT Audio system for the FJ so both Android and Apple wireless connection.

I have not tried the pro.
but reviews all say it gives sound lower than the price point.
so for the same price you can get much better quality Audio. and for the same level of Quality you can get it at a third of the price by going wiht say Sony or JBL, and that is then going to the top of the range.
fit is a personal thing and there are many many in ear devices that I simply do not find comfortable.
that being said after watching a few videos on the new device I can see some positives for both the watch and the 15 pro max. if you buy anything other than the 15 pro max you are getting a 14 pro max with a type C charger.
but that has been a trend with apple for at least 2 generations. the pro max has the new features and everything else has the features of the previous generation pro max that time around