Any good powerbanks for laptop?

Blantyre

I'm looking for something I can use to power my laptop when there is no electricity, ideally something that is travel-friendly.

I do have a 20 000 mah powerbank, will this perhaps work?

My laptop uses a HP Blue pin charger, I've been trying to find a HP Blu Pin to USB cable but can't find anything.

biometrics

Not that I am aware of. Don't think the battery banks are designed for that discharge rate.

How about buying another laptop battery? Hibernate Windows and switch battery.

Bryn

It's very unlikely a travel-friendly solution exists for that. Either have spare batteries on hand, as mentioned, or consider buying a MacBook Air or MacBook Pro (with the new M1 chip). The battery life is ridiculous and they're perfect for travel.

satanboy

3. How to charge your laptop with a power bank​

One of the easiest ways to charge your laptop is with a power bank. A power bank is basically a portable battery for your laptop. All you’ve got to do is connect the power bank to your laptop. The best thing about power banks is that they don’t need to be plugged into an outlet while they’re charging your laptop.

Power banks come in a variety of different models, and they’re not all built with the same charging capacities. You’ll be able to charge less-powerful laptops with a USB Type A power bank. If you want to charge a more powerful laptop, like a mobile workstation, then you’ll need to get a power bank that’s USB-C-based. USB-C power banks can also power other USB devices, like your smartphone or tablet.

Most likely, your power bank will have enough charge to replenish your laptop battery only one or two times, especially if you’re recharging a more high-powered laptop. It’s important to remember to plug it into an outlet and replenish its charge. When your power bank runs out of charge, you won’t be able to use it to recharge your laptop.

That’s why it’s best to reserve your power bank only for when you really need it - like when you accidentally lose your laptop charger. Always keep your power bank inside your laptop bag.

G

gfmalan

I've seen these Laptop charging pin to USB type C conversion adapters.

Anyone have an idea if they will allow laptops to charge via power bank?
Good morning,

You need 19.5V to be able to charge the notebook, converting USB C cable to DC Jack could maybe work if the adaptor is "smart", the adaptor need to tell the USB C supply which voltage it need to output. If it is a "dumb" adaptor, it will output 5V by default, so unless the adaptor negotiate the correct required voltage, that wouldn't work.

Easiest would be to buy this (or something like this) and use DC2 connector on the battery bank.
https://www.geewiz.co.za/ups/126773...33&sfdr_hash=727b607885d330c5ee8996507f02160a

More expensive solution, but with more uses, VIZIA AC Power Bank with 150W UPS Inverter 220V

Blantyre

Good morning,

You need 19.5V to be able to charge the notebook, converting USB C cable to DC Jack could maybe work if the adaptor is "smart", the adaptor need to tell the USB C supply which voltage it need to output. If it is a "dumb" adaptor, it will output 5V by default, so unless the adaptor negotiate the correct required voltage, that wouldn't work.

Easiest would be to buy this (or something like this) and use DC2 connector on the battery bank.
https://www.geewiz.co.za/ups/126773...33&sfdr_hash=727b607885d330c5ee8996507f02160a

More expensive solution, but with more uses, VIZIA AC Power Bank with 150W UPS Inverter 220V

Thanks. Do you know where to get a compatible cord that you can use to plugin to your laptop from the powerbank? My laptop does not use USB C.

Blantyre

I have one of these and it does power my laptop... For how long I don't know.. Never did an endurance test with it.

Did you receive a cable for your laptop with the package? i.e a cable that you plug from the powerbank to the laptop?

I've ordered this item twice and twice the packages did not come with that. Currently in the process of returning the second one.

biometrics

Did you receive a cable for your laptop with the package? i.e a cable that you plug from the powerbank to the laptop?

I've ordered this item twice and twice the packages did not come with that. Currently in the process of returning the second one.
Looks like there should be laptop power adaptors, on the right of the pic. Does this have different output voltages, laptops are usually not 12V.

1630419621344.png

Blantyre

Looks like there should be laptop power adaptors, on the right of the pic. Does this have different output voltages, laptops are usually not 12V.

View attachment 28372

I ordered that exact one from Takealot last week and it included everything bar the power adapters for the laptop so I returned it. I then ordered another one from another seller which was advertised as the one above but when received a different brand (it did not have the power adapters and this one did not even have the air compressor.

I probably just had bad luck twice but fortunately Takealot have a good returns policy.

biometrics

I ordered that exact one from Takealot last week and it included everything bar the power adapters for the laptop so I returned it. I then ordered another one from another seller which was advertised as the one above but when received a different brand (it did not have the power adapters and this one did not even have the air compressor.

I probably just had bad luck twice but fortunately Takealot have a good returns policy.
What voltage is your laptop, does the battery bank support it?

Papa Smurf

Jackery is kak
Go ecoflow
It is the best out there
Trust me
I have been beta testing a coupla models and I highly recommend this brand over any brand out there on this planet
These all fully charge in 2hrs or less, all competitors are at least 5 hrs
These have all built in MPPT controllers for solar input or plug into ciggy lighter while you drive to charge
All of the models except 1 I tested has an App where you can control the inverter.
This stuff is the best I have ever seen, I am currently saving up for 1 for myself for camping.

Blantyre

I have one of these and it does power my laptop... For how long I don't know.. Never did an endurance test with it.

I just ordered a third one now from Takealot after returning the other two. I hope they send me the right item with all the contents this time.

You mentioned that it charges your laptop? How long does it take?

Smuggy

I just ordered a third one now from Takealot after returning the other two. I hope they send me the right item with all the contents this time.

You mentioned that it charges your laptop? How long does it take?
Never really tested it, just used it a bit during loadshedding..

Blantyre

I finally got the powerbank with all components. It includes various adapters for laptops but unfortunately does not have the one I need.. (Dell Big Pin). Does anyone know where I can get this adapter from independently?