Toyota Fortuner

satanboy

No

Personal opinion. I hate them, mostly for the type of people that drive them around the WC.

I would rather look at:
Suzuki Jimny
Mitsubishi Pajero Sport
Jeep Compass Trailhawk
Toyota Land Cruiser 300
Ford Everest

Do you "need" a 4x4?

Last edited:

biometrics

No

Personal opinion. I hate them, mostly for the type of people that drive them around the WC.

I would rather look at:
Suzuki Jimny
Mitsubishi Pajero Sport
Jeep Compass Trailhawk
Toyota Land Cruiser 300
Ford Everest

Do you "need" a 4x4?
I don't "need" one. I like driving them though.

The Land Cruiser 300 has an ugly American style front which I'm not a fan of, not to mention the R1.3m+ price tag.

If our company gets sold, which seems likely, we will need a second car.

Baxteen

When on a bike the biggest threats to you are in order:

White men in Fortuner.
White men in Hilux
Taxis
Rain
Potholes
Other Hilux Drivers
Other Fortuner Drivers.
on Saturday I saw a white Fortuner pull out of a parking spot, hit a parked police car pulled back into the same parking spot, reversed out again and hit the car next to the police car.
Car gaurd tried to stop him, but he just ignored them and drove off. I got a photo of his Licence plate and gave my number to the gaurd.
the officer and the other car both contacted me and I sent them the photo.

Fortuner drivers are all as smart as trump supporters.

Düber

Mechanically they are virtually bulletproof.
I look after three, (the Hilux though but same thing underneath) one is on 650k Km another is on 720k Km and the third I did the motor at just under 800k Km and that was sadly because the turbo spindle broke.

These are delivery vehicle that are driven by everyone and his dog and not gently either. They have all just had normal services (oil, filters etc.) a fuel system clean and service (at about 500k Km) and brakes and clutches.

Looks wise I personally prefer the older pre-facelift ones but that is obviously subjective.

They do get pinched and hi-jacked at a drop of a hat so bear that in mind too but I think that's more of a concern up here in Gauteng maybe.

And then of course there's the attitude and driving style of the owners...